Washing Away the Pollen

Washing Away the Pollen

Why I’m Thankful for the Rain

181
Washing Away the Pollen
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/25/636551273431036849247057617_EE707FFF-3A29-41C0-9C06-62F828EC5542.jpeg

Blurry eyes. Runny noses. Itchy throats. These are just some of the many wonders that come with the massive amounts of pollen each spring here in the south.

Pollen season is a huge blur for me. I, like many others, am super allergic to the wonderful yellow powder that is everywhere, so spring is a rough time of the year.

Everything is foggy and it becomes hard to even function.

However, with spring also comes lots of rain. Rainy days are the best because we get a fresh start on the build up of the pollen.

Everything is washed away and reset

This cycle of pollen building up and washing away can represent the lack of focus in our spiritual lives as well.

We get into these grooves where we “want” to be close to God and draw near to him, but we get caught up in the busyness of the world around us that it's hard to have a clear view of Him. Like the pollen, our lives create this blurriness in our sight, so we can't seem to focus on the right things. It’s so overwhelming, it’s hard to overcome.

We feel like there's no hope and theres nothing we can do to get us out of the state we are in, but just when we hit this point when we feel like we can’t function is when God sends the rain.

He reminds us that we can refocus our attention back on him. We don’t need have to wait until the start of the new year, the new week, or even a new day.

We can begin right where we are. All we have to do is change our view to make Him the focal point.