I Want the Summer in a Country Song

I Want the Summer in a Country Song

"Holler if you're ready for some summer nights."

26
I Want the Summer in a Country Song
8tracks.com

Expectations are always set so high as the school year dies down and the anticipation for summer grows. I always tell myself this summer will be the best one of my life, but between work and a full schedule, summer always seems to fly by without a chance to enjoy it, let alone classify it as the best. But this year, I’m going to live this summer through a country song. Country music is all about having a good time, especially when it comes to summer. All I want from summer 2016 is fun days, better nights and memories to last me until next summer.

“School’s out, the nights roll in, man, just like a long lost friend you ain’t seen in a while, you can’t help but smile.” – "Summertime," Kenny Chesney

There really is no greater time than summer, and nothing should get in the way of making it the best time of our lives. School is over, it is beautiful outside, the weather is great and there is so much to do. This summer, relaxing and enjoying my time is a priority. School years are packed full of stress and business; summer is the much needed break meant for having fun. As mentioned in many country songs, going to the beach is one of the best summer pastimes. I could easily spend a whole day just laying in the sun. Whether it is the beach of Mexico or the lake at your cabin, it is the perfect setting for swimming, grilling, boating, fishing and having fun with friends.

"Chillin', breezin', sippin', singin' whoaoaoh, beachin'" -"Beachin," Jake Owen

Summer is a season of celebration, and there is nothing better to celebrate than the country we live in. There is no shortage of American pride in country music. I could celebrate the 4th of July and greatness of this country all summer long. So bring on the fireworks, parties and bonfires. God bless America.

“I thank God for my life, for the stars and stripes. May freedom forever fly, let it ring. Salute the ones who died, the ones who give their lives so we don’t have to sacrifice all the things we love.” -"Chicken Fried," Zac Brown Band

Arguably, the best part of summer are the nights. Everyone's off work, winding down, and the sun sets, leaving the perfect temperature hanging in the air. It is the best time to hang out, which could be going somewhere or making a bonfire out back. It's the perfect relaxing time before another day begins tomorrow.

"Yeah, caught up in a Southern summer, a barefoot, blue jean night." -"Barefoot Blue Jean Night," Jake Owen.

So here's to the best summer of our lives, the one we live out the way they sing on the radio.