7 Reasons I Literally Can't Wait To Go Back To Houghton College

Summer isn't the only time you can have fun!

31
tuition.io

This summer has been a long one for me. I couldn't find a job, which left me with no structure in my day to day life. Based upon that all I've done this summer is read. Yes, reading is great, but I need more in my life! I want to see my friends every day. I want work. I want challenges. My summer at home has provided me with none of that, some of the things I'm excited to go back to college are...

1. My Friends

It has been unbelievably hard to go months without seeing some of my best friends. They are my support group who consistently make me laugh and I can't wait to see what new memories we create.

2. Walking

I miss walking everywhere on campus. I find it a pain to have to get in my car to get food or see a friend. I love being able to walk right out of my dorm to grab a snack and say "Hi" to a few people along the way.

3. Class

It's odd, I know, but I want to get back in the classroom! I love being challenged, so taking the max amount of credits was smart... right? I just love to learn new things.

4. Dorm Life

I'm moving to a different dorm this year, one which has the stigma of having more outgoing people living there. I'm excited to get out of my comfort zone an meet a lot more people. Plus I have two great new roomies that I can't wait to live with.

5. Houghton

Some people hate the small town experience, but I love it. Houghton may be in the middle of nowhere, but I like the fact that I don't have many distractions. The few distractions I have are the beautiful scenery surrounding me.

6. New People

I can't wait to meet new people. Whether it be freshman, transfers, or people I just haven't run into I can't wait to know you. Each person you know adds something to your life, which makes living on campus a blessing because you have so much added to your life.

7. Activities

Yes, a dry campus can still have fun! I love going to sporting events, and random little celebrations the college has. Homecoming will be soon and I have fond memories of it last year, I hope to make this one even better.

Wow I have so much adrenaline now. I want to move in tomorrow! Sadly I have to wait a month. I should also appreciate home and my family while I have it (and the good food). See you in a month friends!