Wanna Join A Disneyland Gang?

Wanna Join A Disneyland Gang?

If you ever seen groups of people in denim vests and patches... don't worry, they aren't a gang.

2439
Wanna Join A Disneyland Gang?

Now normally this isn’t a thing at Walt Disney World. Since it basically originated from California, hence why there isn’t much of it in Orlando. You may wonder what I’m talking about, since I said that Disneyland basically has more than Walt Disney World. No I’m not actually here to talk about gangs. I’m talking about those groups of people around the parks with the denim vests filled with customized buttons, Disney-inspired patches and pins galore. They’re mistaken for gangs but really they’re just a sub-culture of diehard Disney fans. They don’t like being associated with the gang term, because they are really a social club. Just groups of people who come together through their love for Disney. Majority of them are Annual Passholders for Disneyland. Considering a good amount of them are based in Southern California. They're easily recognizable by their looks, inspired by motorcycle clubs with the denim vests and patches. They adhere to the park rules and corporate with Cast Members.

Since Disneyland has a really high percentage of Annual Passholders because of the existing Southern California level of Annual Passes. A lot of them come with friends and family alike, trying to spread the cheer and Disney magic to the public. A lot of them aren’t cast members but they do their best to include everyone and make them feel like they belong at the parks. They help clean up the parks, spread magic by giving out buttons, stickers and other random Disney-inspired accessories to guests of the parks. That also includes giving out paper fast passes. They also attend charity events, help run non-profit organizations and raise money for the needy. Not all groups are the same, some do charity events, some just work with non-profits. Not everyone has to be in southern California in order to join one. They’re just more of a family group that has their own little patches or symbols that just signifies their group. There are more always popping up every single year, and I think it’s a great way to show your love for Disney and care for the parks as well as a cool thing to join with friends and family.

The Disneyland Social Clubs are just one of the many ways that guests show their passion for Disney.

List of existing Disneyland Social Clubs here