Walking in the Rain

Walking in the Rain

I love you
15

It’s raining

Not hard

Just enough

To slowly soak you

Your hair is dripping

Rain drops slide

Down your face

Rolling down your cheeks

Falling off

Of your lashes

Which are pushed against

Your glasses

Your eyes

Are closed

A smirk plays

On your lips

You just look

So soft

I can’t help

But stare at you

We walk hand

In hand

My sleeve wet

Yours wetter

As usual you look

Flawless

Beautiful

Perfect

I enjoy seeing

You like this

Content

At peace

I love you

I’m not afraid

To say it

Not anymore

I realize

I love you

Now more

Than ever

Because seeing you

Makes it all

Worth it

Cover Image Credit: Pinterest

A Letter To My Go-To Aunt

Happiness is having the best aunt in the world.
22727

I know I don't say it enough, so let me start off by saying thank you.

You'll never understand how incredibly blessed I am to have you in my life. You'll also never understand how special you are to me and how much I love you.

I can't thank you enough for countless days and nights at your house venting, and never being too busy when I need you. Thank you for the shopping days and always helping me find the best deals on the cutest clothes. For all the appointments I didn't want to go to by myself. Thank you for making two prom days and a graduation party days I could never forget. Thank you for being overprotective when it comes to the men in my life.

Most importantly, thank you for being my support system throughout the numerous highs and lows my life has brought me. Thank you for being honest even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for always keeping my feet on the ground and keeping me sane when I feel like freaking out. Thank you for always supporting whatever dream I choose to chase that day. Thank you for being a second mom. Thank you for bringing me into your family and treating me like one of your own, for making me feel special because you do not have an obligation to spend time with me.

You've been my hero and role model from the time you came into my life. You don't know how to say no when family comes to you for help. You're understanding, kind, fun, full of life and you have the biggest heart. However, you're honest and strong and sometimes a little intimidating. No matter what will always have a special place in my heart.

There is no possible way to ever thank you for every thing you have done for me and will continue to do for me. Thank you for being you.