Wake Up And Live

Wake Up And Live

"I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
202

As I enter into my second semester of college, I can’t help but reflect on how quickly life is flying by.

My roommates and I will often reminisce on the fun we had in high school, and sometimes even take it back to middle and elementary school. The memories are so fresh that it is still so hard to believe that we are in college. While these memories are fun to look back on, I find myself constantly looking forward to the future.

I think that we can all agree that life sometimes gets the best of us. We get wrapped up in things like work, school, relationships, comparison or pretty much anything that we can allow into our minds. I am so guilty of this. I get caught up in trying to figure out how I can fix this problem, or how I could change my appearance to be more like this girl that I follow on Instagram. I get so stressed about everything that I have to do in the next few days that I refuse to leave my room until I do it.

While getting things done and being motivated is important, I feel like sometimes we forget that life has so much more for us than our to-do lists. We are called to live outside the ordinary and live our lives to the fullest. With each day comes a new opportunity. We have no idea who we will get to meet or the experiences we will get to have. I looked through my planner from last semester and realized that I literally took time out of my day for a nap. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good nap, but I don’t even want to think about the other things that I could have done with that time.

Life is flying by. It feels like last week that I was going to my high school freshmen orientation, and just yesterday that I was wearing my toga for the first day of senior year. Now here I am, in the best days of my life. Don’t let the day just slip by. Make the most of it.