I'm Waiting For God To Send Me My Soulmate, And That's OK

I don't mind being patient when I know something great is coming

747

I'm a pretty average female when it comes to my life's goals.

I want to finish school, have a stable career I love, and have a beautiful white wedding where I will marry the man of my dreams. I'm not one for messing up the system, so I'm almost sure it will come in that exact order.

I've never been the super religious type, but I believe in God and that He has created a person perfectly for everyone, including me. He made an intelligent, hard-working, gorgeous, funny, and sweet man who I will one day be blessed enough to share my life with.

While it seems like everyone around me is finding their someone, I've been waiting. God has my soulmate on hold for me until the time is just right. I'm letting God help me get where I need to be and hoping that all the while, He's smoothing out the rough edges of my future person.

They say good things come to those who wait, so I'm being extra patient.

God knows exactly who He created for me. He created the love of my life with the same thought and grace as He did when forming the sun, moon, and stars. With everything He is and will ever be, God created the man I will make unbreakable promises to.

God made a man who is exactly what I need and more than I could ever want. He made a hand that will fit perfectly inside mine, a shoulder I will be able to cry on, and a heart that knows just how to love all of my flaws.

He'll be someone who I will love in a way I would have once found impossible. He will want to know everything about me, and the shy girl that I am won't want to leave out a single detail.

For me, God created a blessing who will laugh at my horrible jokes, sing along with me in the car to the songs I weirdly love, and allow me to be my whole self. Nothing excites me more than the thought of someone vowing to do those things for me.

He won't be the definition of a perfect man, but he'll be perfect in my eyes. And it will be a privilege for us to know and care for each other.

While I want all of these things sooner rather than later, I somehow don't find it necessary to go out and look for my soulmate. One day my hopeful hazel eyes will see him and I'll know I've found him.

If God made him just for me, I'm sure He would also help lead me to him. There is also a lot of work that has to be done on me before I'm ready to take life on with someone else.

My heart flutters with joy thinking that I will have the honor of loving someone who God created.

Keeping in mind that God has created someone so amazing and is sculpting him into someone who shares my values is what keeps me patient. I know that with my soulmate out there somewhere, I cannot and will not accept anything less.