I Waited For My Soulmate

I Waited For My Soulmate

Little did I know, I was waiting for him to walk into my life. He took my heart by storm and swept me off my feet.

1867
I Waited For My Soulmate
Zoe Neilson

Fine, you can say I’m crazy, there’s no such thing as soulmates. Say love, at first sight, is an old soul romantic's dream.

It’s okay to be cynical and to have your own opinions. Don’t make fun of me or anyone else who believes they found their soulmate. Just like you have your beliefs, I have mine.

I believe waiting for my soulmate was the best decision I’ve ever made.

Relationships aren’t easy, and finding them is even harder. Going through the motions of dating, never feeling like you’ve found the RIGHT person...

Sometimes, it might feel as though you should just give up. You’ve been in crappy relationships, and you’ve got baggage on top of baggage. You’re scared, and believe the world of romance just isn’t for you.

I can tell you that I felt all of that. I felt the pains of feeling lost. I’ve been through my fair share of shitty relationships with really shitty people.

I’ve been through those relationships where you thought, "Wow this is going to work." The next day, they're out the door.

For eight years, I believed I was going to be alone. Forever.

Then, I met a person. He caught me off guard; I wasn’t prepared for what exactly he would mean to me. I doubted it instantly, because of that baggage.

Don’t.

Please don’t doubt when someone genuine comes into your life. Understand that it took time for them to find you and you to find them.

Let yourself find love again.

It’s okay, let your guard down. I did. For eight years I doubted love, but I’m so thankful I waited.

Little did I know, I was waiting for him, my soulmate, to walk into my life. He took my heart by storm and swept me off my feet. To this day, he still surprises me.

Remember, not everything will be perfect. It’s not a movie, it’s life. Romance and love take time and effort. Don’t become hesitant again when things go haywire.

It’s a test.

You’re being tested together on how well you can weather the storm.

After eight years, I wake up with a smile on my face and my love by my side. I’m so glad I waited. Let me tell you, it was worth it.

If I were to go back, I wouldn’t change a thing. Waiting and learning from failed relationships, growing on my own, getting to where I am today, all brought me to him.

Trust me. Wait.