Vote Or Die
Politics

Vote Or Die

You're Future Is In The Hands Of This Ballot

4
Vote Or Die

November 8th signifies election day for this year 2016, this year is not only big because I am finally eligible to vote but also because it is by far the most intense election that I can recall. Both candidates are very controversial and very hot topics. This year is especially special because it is the first year that many millennials like me have played a huge part especially in social media for the election. Although previous elections were the same, it seems like this election has been widely used on reaching out to us on social media. The first presidential debate last week was the most viewed debate in years because our candidates are such hot topics whether you are voting for either or not. Although many feel that not voting is better then casting a vote for someone they don’t want in office; id have to disagree. By choosing not to vote, your choosing not to care. If you don’t want a particular person (either party) in office then you can’t be mad when one wins over another. Women especially should really consider voting in this election. 94 years ago, we weren’t allowed to cast a vote and have a say who was in office. When so many things like pro-life or pro-choice, birth control and equal pay are such a huge topic in this election for women, you damn well put your vote in. Between protests of police brutality and Black Lives Matter, I strongly encourage you put in a vote. Checking a box at a voting booth may seem so little, but it in the end can create a huge impact. We as the people get to decide who is in charge of our free country and not many other places get a choice. I have to agree that both candidates have their positives and negatives and although we might not always agree who we are in favor for; casting a vote is the most important thing you can do. ESPECIALLY when you are at this time of you life being in college and a young adult. This country is going to be our responsibilities in years to come and if we don’t start deciding who’s in office now or understanding the game, then how will we ever be able to understand it later on. I hear so many young adults my age complain about the laws in place like the drinking age or legalization of marijuana and the first thing I ask is “are you going to vote” and their response most times is “no why would I”. Why wouldn’t you is the better question. On top of that complaining about who is in office for all four years and not even casting a vote in the first place just doesn’t make sense. If you didn’t even attempt to put your opinion in then why complain. Nothing is going to ever get done if we don’t make a movement and vote. So this year on November 8th, I strongly encourage each and every one adults and young adults to go in and cast a vote. Wether it’s for a major party or third party, whether its your first time or third time. Go in and cast a vote for not only our country but for you as well.