Visits Home From College

Visits Home From College

You're missed, you're loved, and there are no worries.
13

College is a wonderful time in your life. You begin to come out of our shell and shed your high school ways to take up adult responsibilities. There is something exciting about being able to take a step out of your comfort zone. For the first time in your life you're (almost) on your own to live by your own rules, but sometimes that life style can get a little stale.

During your time in college you should definitely make some stops home other than holiday breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break). I'm not saying to come home every two weeks but maybe two or three times a semester.

Coming home gives you a sense of relief. You don't have to worry about getting food, cleaning your dorm, or annoying neighbors. Your home is your safe zone from all of those small nuisances that we're back at school. This relief can do wonders for your health over all because for the first time in a while you can just relax with your family.

There's nothing better than sleeping in your bed after not being able to for so long. Dormitory beds aren't the most comfortable beds around, even with A mattress pad on top. Coming home to your bed and snuggling up in your blankets makes you feel young and a little carefree, but especially safe.

Another vital part of coming home is to see your pets. This goes especially for dog/cat owners. Have you ever noticed how crazy happy your dog or cat gets when you come home? They obviously miss you a lot and definitely notice when you're not there. I'm sure you equally miss them as well. If we all could, we all would bring our animals to school to live with us.

Nothing is better than a home cooked meal though. Going to dinner or lunch with friends is great, but it can't really beat dad's homemade meatloaf. You can't deny family dinners are way better no matter how big or small your family is. If you don't go home often your parents are more likely to make your favorite meal, which makes coming home even better. For once ramen noodles isn't your source of nutrition. Knowing that you're home means the cabinets are probably full of snack and junk as far as the eye can see. Score!

Laundry for once isn't a huge hassle, or a costly one at that. No sharing or mistaking someone's clothing for yours, or waiting for a machine to open up. Everything is there and it's completely free.

College makes you realize how wonderful home actually is. Its a place of safety and happiness. Making trips home is not only important for you but also important for the people that love and support you. Phone calls can only go so far. So make sure you take a trip home one of these weekends and see your dog.