Why You Need To Visit Your Childhood Best Friends At College

Every Student Needs To Visit Their Childhood Best Friends During Their College Years

Seeing how much you have both grown and changed throughout the years is such an amazing experience, so go book a flight!

698
Dana LeBron

Last month, one of my best friends from my childhood visited me at college, and I have to say, it was the best days of my life. What's so crazy about going to college is the idea that you are surrounding yourself with new people! Your friends throughout your childhood have known you for years! My best friend and I have known each other since elementary school, so we've been through it all! And while your friends you make at college can feel as though you have known them for so long, they don't know you like your childhood best friends.

When I went away to college, I seemed to lose touch with my close friends. Not on purpose, it's just that we are experiencing such different lives being in college. We are all in different states, take different classes, have different friends. It's a little weird that the people you spent every day with aren't around like they used to be. But the great part about having a best friend is that no matter how much time has gone by, you are able to get along just as you always have, picking up exactly where you left off.

I was so so happy that my friend visited me because I was able to show her days of my life here at school! None of my friends at home really know what my daily routine is being at school. Especially now having classes at random times of the day, not the designated 8:00-3:00 like high school. But she was also able to see that I was a part of different organizations on campus. She saw that I had to go to sorority events or chapter throughout the week or that I had to edit articles on Thursdays and Fridays for Odyssey. She was able to see all the little things that no one besides myself wouldn't know. It was fun as if she was able to experience a mini "week in my life".

Visiting your childhood friends at college is so important! It's important to see what is going on in their lives. Seeing how much they have grown or changed throughout the years. It is so interesting to see how far they have come, and it honestly makes you feel so happy because you can see that they are so happy and thriving at their school.

I loved every minute of our days together and I'm glad that she actually came down. Although it may seem simple, it's not that easy to book a flight and plan out your days so that you can visit your friend who is 800 miles away. It meant a lot to me, and if you're reading this Soph, I love ya, thanks for always being my other half. I'm visiting you soon, so be prepared for another dynamic duo trip!

Everyone, please go visit your childhood friends at college. I can honestly say it is one of the best experiences I have ever had and it's totally gonna happen again throughout the upcoming years. Book a flight, buy a train ticket, and go visit your best friend at their new home!