Virtual Weddings - Celebrating From A Distance

Checkout some great ideas for bridesmaid shirts, wedding gifts, and even bachelorette party shirts while complying with your states social distancing guidelines!

20

With the Coronavirus forcing people to practice social distancing, everyone's canceling any big event consisting of large groups of people. The same applies to even weddings that would have taken place in 2020. While some states are attempting plans to reopen once the virus starts to slow down, everyone's taking their precautions seriously until further notice; it makes sense for wedding planners to not risk the health of their loved ones if they have to travel a long distance. In the meantime, everyone's decided to stick with making their wedding virtual on their favorite video chat apps. What can you do as a newlywed to make the occasion a little worthwhile despite the current situation?

First of all, sending your bride a fancy dinner should be one of the main priorities for such a day. Whatever the food is going to be, make sure your bride's being served a big plate from a quality restaurant. Fast food is not going to win them over in a wedding, so refrain from being cheap on a wedding and spend a bit more money for your bride. Some dish ideas include lobsters with a side of mashed potatoes, filet mignon, and seasonal food with sauces smothered delicately. Simply pick a good restaurant, select the meal you want to send her, and add a little treat like wine or a small dessert.

Another way to keep your bride happy is by sending her wedding gifts, and ones that could be as big as the size of such an event. Some of the traditional gifts people send include flowers, a box of chocolates, or even a stuffed animal for her. Most of these involve "same-day" deliveries from the shops they're sold, some of the most effective methods for your bride to obtain them in no time. It's especially recommended for a bouquet of flowers so they'll arrive with a vase waiting for them. Even having them sent before the wedding takes place is a good way to spark excitement for the event.

So now that your bride has everything she would want in a normal wedding, what about the bachelorettes that were invited before the pandemic worsened? Even they deserve a bit of dedication to make up for their inability to see the event in-person. Obviously, you'll need to host a virtual meeting that can invite a large number of people. It's also best for everyone to look their best, both in looks and on camera (even if the video quality won't be perfect). As for inviting them to your virtual chatroom, simply request your bachelorettes to write down the day the wedding video call will take place as well as have their email addresses provided to you so you can later send them an invite link.

One of the things you can do for the bachelorettes is sending them bridesmaid gifts so they won't feel left out; you'll have to remember their names as well as their addresses before they're sent out while also including gifts that would be fairly meaningful for their roles. A good example would be providing Bridesmaid Shirts themed after your wedding, both to wear during the wedding and as a reminder of a one-of-a-kind day during the pandemic. If Bachelorette party shirts aren't exactly what you have in mind, send them something else to wear for the event, be it dresses themed after your culture or clothes that are based on you or your bride's interests.

What about the rest of the people attending the virtual wedding? Aside from talking with your guests, you can also come up with a few games for everyone to be a part of. Do you want to better know anyone meeting you? Come up with a game of Icebreakers so everyone can introduce themselves and even reveal a secret about themselves. What about a personal trivia game? See if you or your guests can know every fact about your bride. And to top it all off, playing your favorite music and letting them add their favorite tunes is the cherry on top of a unique method of celebrating a marriage.