If The Colleges Of Virginia Were Movies, They'd Be...

What movie would your school be?

172
Miramax Films

Ever wonder what movie your school could be in? I did...

University of Virginia - "Dead Poets Society"

UVA is known for its preppy school attire and its academic focus but despite this, the students still know how to have fun. Still, there is a great deal of stress and a little scandal that revolves around this school (ie. the infamous Rolling Stone article).

College of William & Mary - "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

William and Mary is known for its focus on learning and knowledge. The social life is primarily made up of Greek life (frats/sororities).

Northern Virginia Community College - "Lemonade"

NOVA has a variety of strong personalities who seem a little confused about what they want to do or how they want to do it. Plus students don't stick around for long (generally, students stay for only 2 years, shorter than a 4-year university).

Virginia Commonwealth University - "Mona Lisa Smile"

VCU is known for its art program and having an incredibly liberal community that encourages free thinking.

Virginia Tech - "Good Will Hunting"

VT is known for math and science and students who go there generally what they want to study but need a little guidance.

University of Mary Washington - "The Shining"

At UMW, many students are battling their own demons and sometimes each other and since we are stranded in a small city, there are very few things to do besides study and drive yourself crazy.

James Madison University - "The Great Gatsby"

JMU is full of semi-classy, fun loving students that love to cut loose more than anything else.