Villains You Misunderstood

6 Villains Who Are Just Terribly Misunderstood

"Evil" is just "live" backwards.

165

Everyone loves to hate the villain. But is this hate actually misplaced? There are so many villains that have gone through so much, the least we can do is try to understand their pain and why they're doing "evil."

1. Yzma, "The Emperor’s New Groove"

Kuzco is basically a man-child whose work was all done for him by Yzma, and when she tried to take some power for herself, was shunned.

2. Sharpay Evans, "High School Musical"

Her actions were pretty warranted given the situation: a basketball player and a new girl without a theatre background steal the role Sharpay and her brother have been preparing for their whole lives.

3. Hades, "Hercules"

He was stuck ruling the underworld for eternity, while everyone else gets to live the high life on Olympus. Everyone hates him without even getting to know him.

4. Maleficent, "The Sleeping Beauty"

I mean, she has horns, she's different. But that's not a reason for her to be exiled from society. If someone was nice to her, invited her to the party for Aurora, maybe she wouldn't have stolen her away.

5. Ursula, "The Little Mermaid"

Ursula gave Ariel a pretty nice contract: get her dream of walking on land. Not Ursula's fault that Ariel didn't read the fine print.

6. Loki, "Thor"

He's really just a little brother begging for attention. Obviously, he did not go about this the right way but why won't anyone in his family take him seriously?