Victoria's Secret To Restructure Empire

Victoria's Secret To Restructure Empire

What it means for you

20
Victoria's Secret To Restructure Empire
Victoria's Secret/ Facebook

Victoria’s Secret will stop selling swimsuits in 2016. Fans are outraged at the announcement of Victoria’s Secret eliminating their swimwear lines. According to BuzzFeed News, the company will stop selling swimwear at the end of the year in order to focus on their activewear line, VS Sport.

Victoria’s Secret has been known for their swimwear for several years. Swimwear at Victoria’s Secret is a $500 million business. In addition, CBS airs a “swim special” that showcases the latest swimsuit styles that Victoria’s Secret has to offer. There was even a special that aired this spring, which only added to the unexpectedness of this recent announcement. However, BuzzFeed adds that, in August, the company reported a decline in swimsuit sales. The swimwear was overly complex and missed the mark on fashion, leading to its inevitable downfall.

This news came months after the Victoria’s Secret parent company, L Brands, announced that they would be “streamlining the organization through the elimination of approximately 200 Columbus and New York home office associates.” With all of these changes taking place, fans remain skeptical about the future of the company. Although the company is trying to focus on core merchandise and recreate their image, some believe that Victoria’s Secret is too drastically changing their brand; one that customers have grown to love.

The good news for you? There are several sales taking place both online, and in stores. Be sure to stock up on swimsuits, and other merchandise before they are discontinued.

Happy shopping.