To The Victims Of The Majory Stoneman Douglas HS Shooting

"I just want to let you know...I see you, I hear you, I support you, and I love you."

5464
YouTube

To the students:

I'm sorry.

I cannot even begin to fathom the panic that raced in your heart, the screams the belted from your lungs, the thoughts in your head, the blood your eyes saw or the tears rolling down your cheeks. There aren't enough words in my head to explain how deeply heartbroken I am for the ordeal that you all have gone through. As a recent high school graduate this hits right at home. That could've been my school, my friends and my teachers. Hell, it was in my state, just a few hours away from my town.

I'm also so sorry that you guys feel like your voice isn't being heard. I just want to let you know that I see you, I hear you, I support you and I love you. I'm sorry that our president is all tweet and no action. You're all the bravest and strongest kids I have ever seen. Please continue to speak out to the adults who have wronged you, to the people who say "Kids don't know anything" and to the people who won't sacrifice their weapons for the lives of CHILDREN. Children that were going to change our damn world. Do not let all the bigotry, selfishness, and injustice crush that beautiful and ignited spirit in your hearts. I'm not going to sit here and say I understand what you're going through because I don't. I've never been through this before. I'm also not going to sit here and say that we don't need gun control. To the people that do...I just pray to God that they never, ever go through a mass shooting ordeal and watch the people they love die right in front of them.

Your feelings, thoughts, and emotions are not and will never be invalid. Keep protesting, keep fighting. I'm on your side.

To the teachers/staff:

I haven't forgotten about you. Teachers/staff already are under a large amount of pressure on a daily basis. You carry the weight of being an exemplary role model for every student who walks in your classroom. I can't imagine how hard you all work to be a positive leader for all the children you encounter every day. A teacher should never, ever have to tell comfort and protect a room full of distressed, panicked and crying children who are prepared to die. To all of those blaming yourselves for the fallen...please, I beg of you to stop. To all of those who feel like they could've done more...you did the best you could. Your bravery and leadership is something most people can only dream of obtaining. I hope I can grow to lead with such grace.

To the staff that did not survive:

Just...wow. You sacrificed your life for your students to see another day. You took bullets for them. You are heroes. It's hard for me to find words for the respect I have for each and every one of you amazing men. It deeply saddens me that sacrificing your life also means that your children will grow up without a father, your wives will be forever grieving and the rest of your families will be heartbroken.

Your bravery and honor will forever be defended. I love you all. Thank you, just thank you for the lives you saved and all that you did to make your school a great and safe place for everyone. You're amazing.

To the students who did not survive:

I struggle to write as tears fill my eyes. God saw a purpose in every single one of you. You were perfectly crafted by Him, only to be taken away far too soon. Many of these victims died trying to make sure that others were safe. These victims were sons, daughters, brothers and sisters. All from different walks of life. JROTC, marching band, color guard, athletics. This should not have happened. I'm so incredibly sorry that many of you couldn't experience all of what life had to offer. You were supposed to walk across the stage at your graduation, go find a career and have families. I'm so sorry that you will never get to see the world and all it has to offer, just because one person took that away from you.

It angers me that your voice can't be heard...but your surviving classmates are speaking for you and are doing a hell of a good job at it. Most of the nation, no, most of the WORLD is on your side.

We know your names and we WILL remember them.

We WILL keep fighting for you. We WILL honor you.

We WILL NOT stop until we see change!

#msdstrong