5 Verses To Get You Through Finals Week

5 Verses To Get You Through Finals Week

Finals are coming up everyone! With that comes additional stress. Who is better to turn to in a time of great stress and anxiety than our God?

140

As I said before, the semester is flying by extremely fast. We have almost reached the finish line, and with that comes the final stretch. Finals Week. Stress reaches a new level. It feels impossible to study for every final as well as still finishing the last few assignments of a class. When I feel overwhelmed, God is who helps me. Reading the Bible calms my nerves. Here are five of my favorite verses to ease my concerns.

1. Psalms 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble

-King James Version

2. ​Jeremiah 17:7-8

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

-King James Version

3. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed

-King James Version

4. 1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

-New International Version

5. Proverbs 12:25

Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

-New International Version