Verses That Remind Us That Christmas Is About Jesus

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

54
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/12/636486493607148704-35206297_birth%20of%20Jesus.jpg

Exams and the semester are (thankfully) coming to an end and the Christmas season is upon us with just a couple more weeks until the 25th. This beautiful season is full of Christmas decorations, festive foods and parties, holiday movies, and gifts, but more importantly it is a season of joy, hope, peace, and love as we celebrate the birth of Jesus.

There are so many verses that focus on the birth of the Savior, but here are just a few that continue to remind me that Christmas is all about the Messiah.

Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Micah 5:2

But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.

Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matthew 1:20

But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit."

Luke 2:7

And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

Luke 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Not often associated with Christmas, but Isaiah 53:5 reminds us why Jesus came into this world and why we have this hope and peace.

But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.