The Best Vampires From Both Movies And Television

17 Of The Greatest Vampire Portrayals From Television And Movies

247
vamped.org

First of all, real vampires don't sparkle, so, you won't be finding any sparkling vegetarian vampires here. This list shows 17 of the greatest vampire portrayals from both movies and television that you can really sink your teeth into!

17. "True Blood"

Based off a series of novels called "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" by Charlaine Harris. The story takes place in a small town in Louisiana, and shows vampires in modern day scenarios coexisting with humans and otherworldly creatures. While the last season ends poorly, the vampire portrayal is definitely unique.

16. "The Vampire Diaries"

Based off of the series of novels by L. J. Smith. "The Vampire Diaries" is a supernatural drama that follows a group of high school students who find themselves living in a world with vampires and werewolves.

15. "Blade"

An American vampire superhero movie from 1998 starring Wesley Snipes. Based off a comic book series by Marvel, it follows a vampire hunter who rids the world of blood suckers.

15. "Underworld"

An American vampire action film from 2003, that follows a vampire that hunts Lycans (werewolves).

13. "Let The Right One In"

Not all vampires have fangs, which is definitely true for this film. It's a Swedish romantic horror film from 2008 that was based on a novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist. It was shortly remade in 2010 as "Let me in" which was an American-British version. Both films are both well done, and equally eerie.

12. "Nosferatu the Vampyre"

This German film from 1979 portrays vampires as both creepy and hideously ugly, it is based off of the German short film "Nosferatu" from 1922.

11. "The Hunger"

A British-American horror film from 1983 starring David Bowie and Susan Sarandon. A dark love story that was loosely based on a 1981 novel called "The Hunger" by Whitley Strieber.

10. "Queen of The Damned"

This 2002 horror film is a loose adaptation of the novel "Queen of The Damned" (1988) by Anne Rice. While the movie is no where near as good as the book, the vampire Akasha, played by Aaliyah, was amazing. Unfortunately, Aaliyah was killed in a plane crash shortly after, so the film was dedicated in her memory.

9."Dracula"

This 1931 film stars Béla Lugosi, and was the birth of the typical Transylvanian vampire, that has become the classic interpretation for vampires everywhere. It was based on the 1897 novel by Bram Stoker.

8. "Vamp"

This 1986 horror comedy starring Grace Jones, is a creepy portrayal of vampires living among humans.

7. "We Are The Night"

A German film from 2010, that follows a group of female vampires who find being immortal after a while isn't as much fun as they would have imagined.

6. "From Dusk Till Dawn"

"From Dusk Till Dawn" is a 1996 horror comedy directed by Robert Rodriguez and written by Quentin Tarantino. It portrays vampires as both sexy and extremely grotesque.There is also a television series by Robert Rodriguez with the same name that premiered in 2014, although the movie is better.

5. "Fright Night"

A 1988 horror film that follows the character Charley Brewster who discovers a vampire has moved in next door, but no one believes him. The film has a sequel, and also a remake (2011), but the original is still definitely the best.

4. "Bram Stoker's Dracula"

A 1992 romantic horror also based on the novel by Bram Stoker (1897). This love story follows Count Dracula as he searches lifetimes for his long lost love.

3. "American Horror Story: Hotel"

While the entire season (2015) does not involve solely vampires, it has one vampire character in particular, 'The Countess', played by Lady Gaga, that make this season worth watching. Her character seems to be loosely based on the main character from the film "The Hunger" (mentioned earlier), but she brings it to whole new level with her incredibly sexy outfits and unquenchable thirst for blood.

2. "The Lost Boys"

This 1987 horror comedy follows a young vampire gang who are bested by two brothers who had recently moved to the area.

1. "Interview With The Vampire"

This 1994 horror drama is based on the novel "Interview with the vampire" (1976) by Anne Rice. Both the novel and film are great and show the dark seductive side of immortal vampires that live off the blood of humans.

From Your Site Articles