8 Valentine's Day Gift Ideas For Your Long-Distance Partner

Looking for a gift idea for your long-distance Valentine's date this year? Here are some creative, thoughtful gifts for you!

265482
Photo by Ben Collins on Unsplash

As Valentine's Day approaches, I realized that it's the first Valentine's Day I have had with my boyfriend that we're more than 6,000 miles apart. Despite the distance though, my mind has been reeling over what to get him, as one of my main love languages is gift-giving. So here are some ideas that I've seen that I think would be perfect for any relationship, whether you're together or apart.

1. Lovebox spinning heart messenger

Uncommon Goods / Instagram

Seen all over TikTok, if you're looking for a sentimental gift with a sweet origin to match your own relationship's this one is for you! With this messenger box, you're able to send messages through the app to your loved one anytime and anywhere in the world; all you need is a WiFi connection.

When your partner's Lovebox receives the message, the heart on the outside of the bamboo box begins to spin and alert the recipient. Once they see your modern love letter, they can respond with their app or spin the heart to send a shower of digital hearts to your box!

2. Flowers

Oliiviiaramirez / Instagram

If your partner loves flowers and plants, perhaps looking for a flower delivery service is a good idea this Valentine's Day! On websites such as 1-800flowers.com or Fromyouflowers.com, you'll be able to deliver flowers to your person, sometimes even with same-day delivery!

3. Edible Arrangements

Edible Arrangements / Instagram

If your partner loves chocolate and sweet treats (who doesn't?) maybe getting them an edible arrangement would make their day! From fruits and chocolates to bouquets to match, this delicious Valentine's day treat would be perfect if you're looking to make a memory with your loved one! There are a variety of choices of treats and if they live in another country, you'll probably find an edible arrangements company near them!

4. Handwritten letters

Loree.1 / Instagram

Easily my favorite gift to give when we're apart, handwritten letters are the perfect way to convey how you feel without expensive customs fees. Whether you include a gift card or some money is up to you, but taking the time to write a letter shows that you truly care about them. To change up this long-held tradition, I love to put cute stickers relating to the season on the letter, usually from Target or the Dollar Store.

5. Matching Lego necklaces

JewelFrills / Instagram

On TikTok, the trend of having matching Lego necklaces has been popular. You can often find these on Etsy and Pinterest, but essentially you have matching Lego necklaces that, when put together, make a heart. If you both love matching or Legos or both, this gift might be good for you!

6. “Open when” letters

Lines With Designs / Instagram

If you like the idea of sending letters but want more meaning behind them, these might be for you! Though they involve a few hours of work on your part, your partner will probably be delighted to read all of your original letters. From occasions like when they're feeling sick, coming to see you, and feeling hungry, your loved one will be able to open a letter made by you as if you're right by their side.

7. Keychain with a photo of you and them

Astley Clarke / Instagram

One of my favorite gifts I have given my boyfriend is a photo keychain from Etsy. With free nationwide shipping, this handmade gift is the perfect keepsake. As you choose your keychain, look for one of your favorite photos or memories together to make it more heartfelt!

8. Matching Build-A-Bears

Build-A-Bear Workshop / Instagram

Though making these bears in the store might be a better experience, surprising your partner with a special cuddly gift is an experience in itself! Not only can you choose a Build-A-Bear that matches their personality and style, but you can also include a scent or sound in your stuffed animal.

If you're feeling down about spending this holiday without them or waiting for when you're going to see them again, these gifts will make the two of you feel closer no matter what the distance.