Valentine's Day Should be Everyday
Dating

Valentine's Day Should Be Every Day

Valentine's Day is all about showing the people you care about how much you love them.

150
Valentine's Day Should Be Every Day
https://pixabay.com/en/love-valentine-heart-in-love-3061483/

Valentine's Day may be the cheesiest holiday to exist: the flowers, the chocolates, the expectations it sets for boyfriends or husbands to gift their significant other with lavish gifts and tell them how much they love each other. That's great, but why limit yourself to just one day of showing the person you care about they love them? Also, why limit yourself to just expressing love to people you date?

When I was little, I never really understood why my mom would buy me Valentine's Day presents, because I always thought Valentine's Day was a "lovey-dovey" holiday. However, now I see the point. I love my mom more than anyone in this whole world and I want her to know that. So spending this day and everyday to show her that is the whole point of this holiday, in my opinion.

Make someone feel special on Valentine's day. Whether that's your boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, sibling, WHOEVER, everyone deserves to feel special. A simple note can do the trick. It doesn't have to be jewelry or fancy dinner reservations. I might be bias because I love words of affirmation, but don't tell me you know someone who doesn't like to know they are loved. It is at the core of our being to desire to feel loved.

Sometimes, it's hard to give that love to others when you feel unlovable yourself. I have definitely been there. However, there is a quote that says, "life and love is not about what you gain, it's about what you give."

So my question for you is, are you waiting for people to tell you they care about you or are you proactively loving others? As fulfilling as feeling loved is, the act of giving is far more satisfying.