8 Reasons To Enjoy Valentine's Day, No Matter Your Relationship Status

Valentine's Day is more than a Hallmark holiday.

276
Tyler Nix / Unsplash

Okay, let's talk. I love Valentine's Day. Not because I am currently in a relationship and it's an extra excuse for my boyfriend to send me chocolate or flowers. I loved Valentine's Day when I was single, and I love it now in a relationship. Why, you may ask? Because it's celebrating the best gift God has given humanity: love.

This is the day you are reminded to forget about all the craziness and stress of day-to-day life and think about your loved ones. Sometimes we forget to think about our family and friends and spouses and pets because day-to-day life is wild. Sometimes we need a whole holiday to remind ourselves that love is the most important thing we have. Whether your valentine is your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, dog, some random on Tinder, or even yourself, you should celebrate the love you have. Valentine's Day rocks and here are a few more reasons why.

1. CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES

You can never go wrong with chocolate-covered strawberries. It's a fantastic gift for your significant other, fantastic snack for a night in with your friends, or for just yourself, cause I don't know how you could be sad eating one of these bad boys.

2. Date Night

Valentine's day is the perfect excuse to go out on more of a formal date, especially if you and your partner's dates lately have consisted only of Netflix in your pajamas. February 14th can be the night you guys get a little fancy and go get a nice meal.

3. Self-Love!!!

This Valentine's Day can be dedicated to loving yourself because self-love is so important, and sometimes, it's hard to remember to do. So grab some ice cream and put on a face mask. Devote the night to pampering yourself because you deserve it.

4. Decorations

Celebrate your love for pizza by ordering it in the shape of a heart!!! Perfect for a party, or just yourself.

6. Galentine's Day

Get your girls and have a party. This can be a very fun girl's night and a chance to remind your friends how much you love and appreciate them. Your friends will always be there even if a guy comes and goes.

7. Valentine's Day Cards

You can usually find a lot of these on Twitter or Pinterest around Valentine's Day, and they are too funny to be ignored. These are perfect to send to your friends or your bf/gf to brighten their day as well as your own.

8. "Valentine's Day"

This movie is honestly is such an underrated romantic comedy and truly one of my favorites. It has many funny moments and an amazing cute old married couple that WILL make your heart melt. Perfect one to watch with your boo thang or your friends.

Like I said before, Valentine's Day is the day that you should surround yourself with the ones you love and let them know how much they mean to you. So don't think of this as a dumb Hallmark holiday; think of it as another day that you can eat a ton of chocolate and have a great time with your family and friends.

Song of the Week - "Capital Letters" - Hailee Steinfeld