How to stay sane on Valentine's Day when you're not together
relationships

Being Away From Your Significant Other Doesn’t Mean You’ll Be Bored On Valentine’s Day

The only thing that matters is that you love each other.

59

If you're in a long distance relationship, Valentine's Day is one day of the year that you'll really dread unless you're spending it with your significant other. You probably hate seeing all those cute couples on the street, holding hands and giving each other flower bouquets, big red balloons, and chocolates, because it's just a constant reminder that you're away from the one you love. The good news is that it doesn't have to be that way at all!

The first thing you should do is talk to your significant other and ask them what their schedule will look like on Valentine's Day itself. If they're not too busy, then try setting up a Skype date so the two of you can spend some time alone with each other. If they're really busy, ask them at what time they'll be free so you two can go on a Netflix Party and watch a romantic comedy together. Don't get too stressed out if you guys can't schedule anything for that day though. You can try the 13th or the 15th, or any other day in February that works for both of you.

If you're planning this stuff with enough time, another awesome thing you could do for your loved one would be to put together a care package for them. Care packages are quite easy to make, and they don't take too much time (or money!). Some great items to put inside care packages would be things like their favorite candy, gift cards for their favorite restaurants, stores, or apps, little stuffed animals, and basically any small trinket that reminds you of them. Remember, you don't have to spend all your paycheck on this care package. Instead, try getting meaningful and inexpensive stuff that you know he or she will appreciate. Although, if you want to spend a lot of money, you absolutely can! Care packages can be built with budgets of all kinds.

Another great thing you could do for your significant other (this is my personal favorite) would be to send them tons of pictures! They don't get to spend Valentine's Day with you, so sending them pictures of literally everything you do and everywhere you go is an amazing way to make them feel included, and like they're right there with you. You could also take it up a notch and record a few videos and voice notes because they can help make the experience a lot more vivid.

As you can see, spending Valentine's Day away from your boyfriend or girlfriend doesn't have to feel like the end of the world. The key is for you to acknowledge them and make them feel special, so they don't feel like you've forgotten about them. The point of Valentine's Day is to make it all about the people you love, so it doesn't really matter whether you're physically together or apart. The only thing that matters is that you love each other and that you're able to show it even when there are hundreds or even thousands of miles separating you.