Complacency Is Ignorance In A Time Like Now

With everything going on in the world right now, people can be fearful of speaking up. However, not speaking up is more harmful. We need to express how important the Black Lives Matter movement is. You can choose to stay silent, but sometimes, silence is much louder than words. A community that has consistently been oppressed for decades needs others to back them up. If you choose to stay silent, you are part of the problem whether you recognize that or not.

My job isn't to tell anyone what to do, but my job is to inform you of what you could be doing instead. Even if you can't make it to the protests, there are other options. There are lists of petitions online that only take a few minutes and mean a big deal. It's simply your name and a few other basics. Spend a few minutes filling them out and making it clear that change is necessary.

Besides petitions, if you have the resources, I highly suggest donating to the cause. I understand not everyone can do this, but it helps significantly. On Instagram, tons of people have posted legitimate sites you can donate to that will effectively help the cause.

With all of that being said, I think the most important thing is to use the voice you were given. The reason we were given freedom of speech was for this exact one. Take the time to inform yourself, stand up for others, and create a change. This has gone on for too long, and it's time for every single race, gender and social class to fight for the rights of human lives.