If You Want To Make New Friends, Anime Might Just Be The Answer

Anime has really helped me gain the skills that I need to make friends.

Amy Chai
Amy Chai
600

When I was a child, I could barely get friends and I don't think that I have socialized very well with others. From that day on, I was pretty bored and a little sad that I didn't have real friends. Then, one day I started watching my first anime, "Inuyasha." It was a wonderful anime that stuck with me like a friend. It was a good show to watch together with my sisters. Later, I got passionate about anime because of the complexity of its stories and the vast amount of characters. When I watched an episode and episode, it felt like it was a new adventure every day and that the characters from the show are like my friends.

From then on, I also started to have a growing interest in drawing anime and read lots of things about anime. Then, anime got me very curious and more aware of new things. I also got more motivated to do better in my studies because of the anime. Therefore, my knowledge expands more and more. Anime also helped me think creatively on storytelling and art.

During the 9th grade, I started my first time in Honor classes. At first, I was a little shy. Then, one day in class, I heard a group of students in a corner talking about something familiar. When I closely paid attention to what they were talking about, they were talking about famous anime show titles. I got very excited, but I also wanted to have friends. So I took the courage that I got from my anime, go to them, and ask them, "Are you guys talking about anime?"

They looked up and stared at me. I felt my face was sweating a little. Then, they smiled and said, "yes we are! Do you watch anime?" Happily, I nodded and said, "Yes, have you guys heard an anime called "Inuyasha"? That's my favorite!" Their smiles become wider and yelled out, "YES! That was an awesome anime!" From then on, we started talking about "Inuyasha" and then later I was able to interact more with people. Honestly, anime has deeply influenced me to be myself and that liking anime is nothing to be ashamed of. Anime has really helped me gain the skills that I need to make friends. Therefore, I am happy to say that anime really help me get a start to gain friends.