upGrad Helps Professionals Prepare For Layoffs

Education

55
upGrad

Over the last several months, big tech companies have announced thousands of job cuts.

This year, companies including Netflix, Robinhood, Glossier, and Better have reduced their headcounts significantly. Recently, Y Combinator advised its portfolio founders to "plan for the worst" as startups across the globe scramble to navigate a sharp reversal after a 13-year bull run. Young professionals need to pay attention to the current climate of the job market to avoid the mistakes the last generation made during the 2008 economic downturn.

In the past, workers who lost their jobs during an economic downturn would ride it out until the market picked back up again. But today, the situation is different. Platforms like upGrad, a leading global EdTech company can help them make a proactive career move and future-proof their career. upGrad is the world's largest online higher education platform providing rigorous industry-relevant programs designed and delivered by top-tier faculties, which can help gain the skills in demand. upGrad has tie-ups with some of the top universities globally, including the University of Maryland, Duke University, and many more.

upGrad has recently partnered with the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business to offer a Professional Certificate Program in Data Science and Business Analytics.

According to the company, this program will help professionals strengthen their ability to make data-driven business decisions that are crucial for an increasingly digital world. Learners can improve their decision-making skills with a professional certificate from the US.

By enrolling in this program, learners will learn critical skills, which will help them structure data, glean unique insights, predict future outcomes more accurately, and make better data-driven business decisions for the organizations they serve. The goal of the program is to provide learners with industry mentorship and dedicated career assistance. The participants can learn data science applications in real business problems and much more.

Together, the University of Maryland and upGrad will be able to offer learners invaluable knowledge about data science. With diverse faculty that include industry leaders in this field, as well as those who have extensive academic training, it is certain that this partnership offers a program that meets an unmatched standard for excellence.

upGrad has been consolidating its position over the last six years and the partnership with the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business is a major step forward for the global company, looking to gain access into the US higher education market.

upGrad's unique approach to delivering degree and certificate programs has already produced a number of successful graduates. Innovations in learning have made it possible for students from around the world to pursue their dreams and find success through upGrad's deep partnerships with top-tier universities like Emory University, University of Maryland, University of Arizona, Duke Corporate Education, Michigan State University, and more.

Founded in 2015, the EdTech company, upGrad, has impacted over 2 million total registered learners to date and is growing quickly with a global presence in 50 countries.