Upcoming Games: Get Ready For The Hype

Upcoming Games: Get Ready For The Hype

What are you most excited for?

14
Upcoming Games: Get Ready For The Hype
www.playstation.com

While not every upcoming game is on this list, down below are 10 games that people have been growing in anticipation for. A couple of them come out within two months but most are announced for 2017. Some titles have just been declared at E3 while others have been known for years to be in development and are being waited for to release.

1. Detroit: Become Human

Platform(s): PlayStation 4
Release Date(s): Rumored 2017

This third-person game revolves around the life of several different androids. You are able to play as them all and if one of the characters die then you simply play from the life of another one and continue on. Since the game is based on a noir aspect, you have the option to collect clues to further increase your chances of succeeding in a mission. Every choice you make will effect the gameplay, thus creating a variety of paths and endings. But rather than pick a choice and be done with it, in this game you are able to experience and replay a scene with every option available.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Platform(s): Wii U, NX

Release Date(s): 2017

Breath of the Wild is an open world Zelda game which is said to have a map size nine times larger than Skyrim. It brings about a survival aspect where food can be cooked and weapons are not just used to fight but tools to forward your journey. Your weapons will also break after excessive use.

3. We Happy Few

Platform(s): Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, Xbox One

Release Date(s): July 26, 2016

In We Happy Few you live within a community where people alter their personalities by taking a pill called Joy. The drug is meant to erase all unhappy memories such as war and poverty but your world is altered and you no longer see it for what it is. Your goal in this game is to escape without people noticing you are off your Joy but there is a catch, this game does not have a save feature, so if you are caught then you must start from the very beginning. The community is also randomly generated each time you play.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn

Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Release Date(s): NA February 28 2017, EU March 1 2017, UK March 3 2017

Just like how some games are going into the futuristic post-apocalyptic theme, Horizon Zero Dawn introduces a new concept of going back to a more primitive lifestyle. Humans have become overrun by mechanized dinosaurs and other creatures and are no longer the rulers of the world. The character you play as is a hunter and an archer who needs to kill these creatures and collect the materials they are made out of.

5. RESIDENT EVII: biohazard

Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Release Date(s): WW January 24, 2017

Currently playable as a teaser on the PlayStation, Resident Evil 7 starts anew with unfamiliar characters and no returning ones. Little is known about this game besides the fact that it is in a first-person perspective and is set in rural America. The title itself is supposed to be a clue to how the game will play out.

6. Pokémon GO

Platform(s): iOS, Android

Release Date(s): July 2016

Coming to mobile phones soon, this (AR) augmented reality game will also feature the Pokémon GO Plus which is a device that is worn to notify the player when a Pokémon is near. Pokémon will be found specifically related to their types; Water-type will be found around lakes and rivers while Flying-type may be seen in trees or in the air. In order to stoke up in supplies the player will have to visit monuments or museums. The player will also be able to trade and battle with other players they come in contact with.

7. Kingdom Hearts III

Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Release Date(s): Rumored Winter 2016

A long awaited game, Kingdom Hearts III will have new weapons, new locations, new battle techniques, and new movement such as running on walls. It will also include a new transform ability where your Keyblade can now change into swords, rocket launchers and more. The fighting feature is also said to be more challenging and quicker paced. Worlds confirmed are: Tangled, Big Hero 6, Twilight Town, Hercules’ Mt. Olympus, and Mysterious Tower.

8. Battlefield 1

Release Date(s): WW October 21, 2016

Like other Battlefield games, this one is inspired by historical events, specifically World War I. Weapons are historically accurate and melee weapons are categorized into heavy or light. Players also have the option to take over vehicles such as tanks or aircrafts. The locations are based on real-life areas within our world and the multiplayer is said to support up to 64 people in one server.

9. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Platform(s): Nintendo 3DS
Release Date(s): WW November 18 2016, EU November 23 2016

Inspired by Hawaii's own islands, Pokémon Sun and Moon is located in the Alola region. Just as Pokémon X and Y were, Sun and Moon will also be formatted in 3-D. The starters for this game are Rowlet the Grass-Flying owl, Litten the Fire kitten, and Popplio the Water sea lion.

10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Platform(s): Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Release Date(s): WW October 28, 2016

A complete remastered version of Skyrim for new-gen consoles. Scenery has been heavily altered with details and the game now supports a mod system just how Fallout 4 was just released with one. The remastered version is said to come with three DLC's and if gamers already have the Legendary Edition on Steam then it is said that they will receive a free upgrade on release date.