Upcoming Freshmen: Please Consider These Questions Before Joining Odyssey

'Odyssey' literally means a long and difficult journey, can you manage?

295
Youtube

What do I enjoy writing about?

See, this is probably the best question to ask yourself. Because if it is about your anger with yourself or with any other people in general, please make sure you have a valid point and stay concise. Also, if you make the featured page, great, just know that even the worst articles on here get featured, and people will laugh at you.

Am I able to communicate well with my community, or better yet, am I able to help the community?

I’m not saying you have to have to communicate better and I’m not saying you are no help. But ask yourself if you want to help others instead of bragging about your Coachella tickets your parents bought you, or for being sick of being made to be guilty for all your luxuries. I’m just saying, even though you may get traction on your article, it doesn’t mean you’re helping people in any way of bragging, twisting, or judging. Because, that tells us a lot about how much you can offer your community. And that is... complaints.

Am I going to be able to read other articles in my community, or anywhere in general, with my intention of what?

You have to know what you are talking about. If you are able to get away with a certain topic, why not explore what others have to say first? Maybe you will save your time looking like a one-track-minded idiot. Who knows what the next passed law will make you look like? If you decide to write an article without any passion. Oh, speak of the devil....

What are your passions like?

If you love your relationship, that’s a cute article. Or if you despise your ex and the thought of love disgusts you, maybe you’re the next relationship expert. You have to know and stick to what you are trying to justify. And passion is what you love or hate. When you have no validity in your point, people will just passionately hate your writings, even if they’re on our home page. Make it convincing, or make it easier for yourself and stop writing.

What do you want to achieve from writing on Odyssey and, do you personally like Odyssey?

A great resume? Improved written and communication skills? Maybe even write for a better platform someday? Sure. Although, you have to know why some people are giving Odyssey a bad rap. That is because what one moron said got more hate than the love most of our passionate content creators deserve. That’s sad, but it is true. I have people telling me Odyssey sucks with their “Dear Best Friend” blah blah, “Sorry Not” bull—t. And I tell them, why don’t you read the other ones? You may like the ones with less traction better.

And, please share the ones you like because we honestly care about what you like.