10 Upcoming Movie Sequels No One Asked For

10 Movies Sequels Being Made That We Didn't Ask For

No one asked for them, but here they are.

185

Every movie nowadays is either a sequel or a remake. It seems as if instead of creating new original movie ideas, movie producers instead favor milking one film for as much money as possible by creating a billion sequels. Thus, these movies were made which nobody asked for.

1. "Toy Story 4"

I know a lot of people are excited for this movie, considering "Toy Story" was a widely popular movie franchise. However, did we really need a fourth one? The first three weren't enough? I enjoyed the first three and I felt like they each had their own story to tell.

When the third one ended, I felt content with the ending of the trilogy. After "Toy Story 3," I thought I would never see another "Toy Story" movie, but here we are. Disney is in love with making sequels lately and it seems like they don't intend on slowing down anytime soon.

2. "Kingsman: The Great Game"

While I thoroughly enjoyed the first installment of the "Kingsman" series, I think we can all agree the second one was trash. My expectations were quite high walking into the second film considering how much fun the first movie had been, but unfortunately, I was disappointed. The third installment in this series is set to be released in 2020 and will be a prequel, rather than a direct sequel. Because there will most likely be an entirely new cast and new environment due to its prequel status, this movie has the potential to right the wrongs that were created in the second movie. That being said, I don't think anyone really cared enough about these movies enough to desire a prequel anyway.

3. All The Avatar Sequels

When did the first one come out again? 2009. And when is the sequel finally coming out? 2020. I am not a fan of the long gap between movies and their sequels. I never want a movie sequel to be rushed and then it ends up terrible, but after the 11-year wait between "Avatar" and its future sequel, I have lost interest. The first movie was a cultural phenomenon that broke records, and I have no doubt that the sequel will do great in the box office. But at this point, I don't really care anymore. Oh, and there are four sequels in total being made? No thanks.

4. "Now You See Me 3"

Even though these movies made absolutely no sense and were full of nonsense, I quite enjoyed them. They were the kind of movie you watch and think, "This is straight up dumb, but it's so much fun!" when you are watching them.

However, this did not mean I was dying for a sequel to come out. The first movie was already a "meh" movie at best, and the sequel did not fare much better. I have seen all I need to see from these two movies. Nothing they could put in the third one will interest or impress me anymore. Also, I will never forgive them for not naming the second movie "Now You Don't."

5. "Indiana Jones 5"

Another case of "how long has it been?" The fifth "Indiana Jones" film is set to be released in 2021, 13 years after the fourth was released. I'm not a huge "Indiana Jones" fan, so I don't have much to say about this one except for the obvious fact that I think it is a risky move to release another sequel so many years after the last movie.

Will it make money? Yes. Will it be critically and audience acclaimed? That remains to be seen - although my bet is a resounding no.

6. Fantastic Beasts 3, 4, & 5

Unless they plan on wiping "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" from existence and starting again fresh, I want nothing to do with it. The first movie in this series was relatively good, and I was sold on the idea of a cute trilogy set in the Wizarding World that focused on Newt Scamander finding his "fantastic beasts" to write in his books instead of focusing on wizard politics.

But alas, after the success of the first film, they threw that idea out the window and greenlit four more movies to focus on more "Harry Potter"-esque plots such as the conflict between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. This greatly weakened the series. If they continue down this path for four more movies, I don't think I will be able to bear it.

7. "Jurassic World 3"

At this point, I just am tired of dinosaurs. There are only so many stories you can tell about dinosaurs wreaking havoc on civilization. It is a pretty basic plot that I don't think was ever intended to be stretched out into six films...yet, here we are. Another movie with the same plot as all the others. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard running from dinosaurs for two long hours. How exciting.

8. "Venom 2"

Seeing how badly reviewed the first movie was, it was shocking to see that a sequel has been green-lit for this film...until you look at the box office income, then it starts to all make sense. This movie left so much to be desired, and I and many others have little interest in seeing another "Venom." Almost nothing was compelling about the first one and I have absolutely no interest in seeing Woody Harrelson goof around in this planned sequel, as was teased at the end of the first movie. Hard pass.

9. "Space Jam 2"

I know everyone loves this movie. But we have to recognize that it was just one big ad campaign, and that is what the sequel is shaping up to be as well. This movie was mediocre at best - do we really need a sequel 25 years after the original? This movie doesn't have a special place in my heart like I know it does in so many others, so I expect many people to disagree with me on this one. I think the first movie is fine as it is. Studios need to just learn to leave well enough alone.

10. "Terminator: Dark Fate"

It baffles me that the last few "Terminator" movies made enough money to warrant another sequel. Every time I heard about another "Terminator" movie, I never heard good reviews or could recall many people going out to see it. However, it appears that somebody must've if they thought that making a sixth one was a good idea. But, again: who cares anymore? They have milked this story for its money, there is nothing to say anymore. At this point, they are just beating a dead horse.

Who knows? Maybe these movies will be great. Maybe they will make me eat my words and hope for more and more sequels to come. While I hope they do, I have more wisdom than faith to know that possibility is highly unlikely.