Should I transfer schools?
Health Wellness

13 Thoughts About Transferring To A New College

I have been asking myself if I should stay or go to a different school.

245

I have asked myself the question, "Should I transfer?", so many times. Don't get me wrong, I like NC State and all. However, I'm not entirely in love with it. In some ways, I don't really feel like I belong here because of the environment I'm in. Everything is 'go, go, go' and there's never a time to breathe and take in everything. Maybe it's because of my personality and all but I have tried to give it my all into trying to partake in the college experience. I mean, I have been justifying why I should just stick to NC State out for the entire four years. Then, I have those thoughts that I should transfer.

1.  College applications round two.

2. It's a hassle getting everything organized to transfer to a different school.

3. Money.

4. Will I even like the school that I transfer to? 

5. You have to start over and make new friends.

6. Maybe I'll grow to love NC State.

7. It feels so lonely here even though there are over 30,000 students.

8. I work better in a small environment.

9. I don't have a lot of friends.

10. It's so much harder to get opportunities here.

11. NC State doesn't have the major that I want.

12. My sister is going to be even farther away from me when she goes to college.

13. I feel like a freak sometimes because of my introverted self.

I might not be able to change my thoughts and the way I am but these two semesters has given me the opportunity to see if I want to stay. I don't have an answer yet but give me next year and I'll give you one.