39 Unpopular Opinions That Millennials Will Fight To The Death Over

6. Pineapple does belong on pizza.

2489
Flickr

If you pop onto any social media site, you'll encounter lots of opinionated people, and more often than not, a slew of others backing them up. Sometimes, everyone is agreeing on a hot topic, like something political or they're all condemning someone to hell for buying pit bulls just to have them euthanized (#PitbullDropOff is trending on Twitter).

Other times, someone will choose to give their unpopular opinion and they are roasted on the spot. Every now and then, supporters will step forward and back the unpopular opinion, and that's what I hope some of you will do with me today.

*DISCLAIMER: I mean no offense. This is to be taken lightly. Don't be an ass.*

I have some unpopular opinions to share and I pray I don't get burnt at the stake for them.

1. 'Grey's Anatomy' is not a good show.

So many unnecessary deaths. It's a heartbreaking show. Can't do it.

2. Whataburger is trash.

Their burgers are gross. The fries and Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits are good. That is all.

3. Beyoncé is overrated.

Someone had to say it. Yeah, she can sing, but her music isn't moving or powerful or emotional. She's not all that. #SorryNotSorry

4. Kendall and Kylie Jenner are awful.

Why do we care about them and the Kardashians so much? Kendall is an average-looking model and Kylie is a moron. They make daily headlines for doing everyday activities a normal person would. Just check out Daily Mail and the Jenners are on there every day.

5. People care too much about celebrities.

Oh no, Channing Tatum and his wife split! Oh, how sad. Okay, so how does that affect your everyday life? How does a celebrity walking out of a juice bar get more attention than a crisis in the Middle East? Why the hell do we care so much about irrelevant matters?

6. Pineapple does belong on pizza.

How else do you balance out all that sauce and saltiness? Ever had a Hawaiian pizza? Don't let people brainwash you into thinking otherwise.

7. Babies aren't cute.

Sorry, but your newborn looks like a lizard. We just don't know how to tell you.

8. My dog behaves better than your toddler.

My dog is 10 and pisses herself when she gets excited, but at least she isn't screaming and crying hysterically as she throws herself on the floor in public.

9. Parents need to discipline their children.

Yes, smack your child's bottom if they misbehave. Teach them that there are consequences for their actions. Life lessons don't always have to be a quiet, gentle conversation.

10. Kids aren't fun and cute, they're disgusting.

I just watched your son lick everything on the shelf in Walmart. Do I need to continue?

11. J. Cole isn't that good.

He had some hits, but all of his music is so whiny. Can't dance or pre-game to his music. So sad.

12. Brunch is overrated.

From the outfits and thousands of snaps to everyone's dire need of a mimosa, brunch is not that great. There are better ways to spend your Sunday morning.

13. Vaping is lame.

All aspects of it. If you're feverishly hitting a Juul or turning yourself into a human fog machine, you're probably lame. Unless you're trying to beat your severe nicotine problem, don't vape. No one thinks you're cool.

14. Those Longchamp knock-off bags aren't that cute.

I could count at least six girls in every class that showed up with that bag to class. If you were to peep into one you'd find broken pieces of makeup, candy wrappers, crumpled receipts, and birth control pills scattered in the bag.

15. Birkenstocks are hideous.

Jesus wore way cuter sandals than those shoes. Ugly. Tacky. And those tan lines you get from wearing them in the sun all day? Awful. Why do girls think they're cute?

16. "Friends" is overrated.

All of the characters were annoying. That theme song was bothersome. I want to punch every TweetDeck account that quotes them.

17. Nickelback is a good band.

I don't know why the internet thought that making fun of Nickelback and claiming them to be garbage was a popular trend. They had a lot of good hits. "Rockstar" was my favorite song as a kid.

18. Basic tattoos are not cute.

You know the ones- birds flying away, little arrows, "To Infinity and Beyond"- they're lame. Be creative and original when it comes to a permanent mark on your body.

19. Emily Ratajkowksi isn't that hot.

Why are Instagram models held to such high standards? That Emily chick isn't that hot. And her boobs are fake.

20. Smoking weed in public is not cool.

Unless it's legalized in your state, don't smoke it in public. It's obnoxious, it makes people uncomfortable, and it's disruptive. Do it in the privacy of your own home.

21. Cereal first, then milk.

I don't know why this is an issue in the first place, but some people choose to deny the laws of nature and put the milk first.

22. Ketchup is only good with fries and hamburgers and chicken nuggets.

Ketchup is kinda gross but it's only acceptable in some occasions. If you put it on your pasta, eggs, or pizza, I'm referring you to a specialist.

23. Those obsessions with bacon, chicken nuggets, tacos, and pizza are just weird.

That trend came out of nowhere. Bacon soap, bacon t-shirts, and bacon candles popped up in Spencer's stores. Girls continuously tweeted, "I just want hugs and chicken nuggets" as if that was the most relatable thing imaginable. Tacos and pizzas were the most popular foods and if you didn't mention how badly you wanted one or the other, you weren't a part of the trend.

24. Being drunk is not fun.

Have you felt the hangover the next morning? The burn of the previous night's liquor is a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone. Besides, drunk people are not cute. There is too much yelling and drunk crying and gross acts being committed.

25. The best Avenger is Spider-Man.

He's fast, strong, flexible, can crawl on ceilings, has web shooters, and is a genius. Tom Holland did a phenomenal job portraying the comic book version of the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Thor is second-best.

26. "Jersey Shore" is awful.

When it first aired, the one-liners were funny and we all kind of laughed at the stupidity. That wore off quickly. Snooki, Deena, Pauly D, and the rest of that moronic group are like a traveling circus of morons.

27. Cardi B is obnoxious.

From all of the annoying sounds she makes to her lack of respect and courtesy when she speaks, she's probably one of the worst "popular" celebrities. Younger women say she's a role model, but Cardi B is the complete opposite of that. She says things that are out of line and I won't accept her pregnancy excuse.

28. Fake candid photos are pathetic.

The number of photos I come across on Instagram of girls and their friends holding each other's hand and fake laughing at the camera is overwhelming. Either smile like you mean it or don't. People appreciate a real candid moment over a planned one.

29. It's okay to be interested in astrology and horoscopes.

They can be entertaining to read and some people find comfort in astrology. Don't harass them for enjoying something.

30. Not all men are trash.

This is so annoying to hear. Just because you can't find a man and you have your own issues, doesn't mean you can deem every man as trash. And those chicks that get tattoos that say "men are trash" are crazy.

31. Many people don't know anything about politics.

Those people need to keep their mouth shut. Bashing politics and being ignorant is tiresome. Either research your topic and make an effort to learn or stay quiet.

32. It's okay to buy dogs from reputable breeders.

If you want a certain dog breed and you know the breeder is honest and breeding in a safe, humane manner, then it's okay. Don't let people tell you it's not okay to buy from a breeder.

33. Chick-Fil-A is good but it's not all that.

Sure, the waffle fries are great and the shakes are yummy, but the food is kind of overrated. It's not amazing but it isn't bad. The service is what makes them great.

34. Not everyone deserves a trophy.

The newest issue is the "inclusion act" for a high school cheer squad, saying that everyone will make the team. That teaches kids that everything in life comes easy and will be handed to them. You don't get a trophy for not doing your best. Stop it.

35. Your GPA and SAT scores don't determine your intelligence.

I was a lazy student (and I still am) but I know that I'm very smart, an intellectual, and I'm rather bright. My scores would say otherwise, but anyone that's actually had a conversation with me knows that isn't the case. Don't let those numbers put you down.

36. Tattoos can be unprofessional.

Hear me out: I have tattoos and so do many people in "professional settings" but they shouldn't be visible. I don't want my lawyer's hands to be covered in tattoos, nor do I want my doctor to have a tattoo on the front of his neck. It just doesn't look professional. If it can be concealed or hidden, that's fine. But keep all that in mind the next time you're inked.

37. No one cares that you studied abroad.

Wow, let's hear about your studies in Greece again. Wow, tell us how in England they call french fries "chips." Yeah, we really don't care enough to listen to you ramble on.

38. It's okay to have your own opinion.

This list is about unpopular opinions, but it's completely okay to have your own. Everyone is an individual and if we all thought the same way, we'd be bland and boring. Don't believe the hype.

39. Partying can get old, fast.

If you bounce from one bar to the next, crawling your way to the table at the club, or find yourself blacking out every weekend, you're wasting your life away. As much fun as it may seem to party every weekend, it gets old. There's nothing wrong with going to bed early or spending the night playing cards.