Unfortunately, Time Really Does Fly

Unfortunately, Time Really Does Fly

Life goes by in the blink of an eye.
168

Everyone knows the typical line: “Time flies when you're having fun."

Well, unfortunately, it’s an accurate statement. It’s honestly pretty crazy how fast time flies. You grow up, get older and move onto bigger and better things pretty quickly.

As I finish up my sophomore year of college, it is really hitting me hard that I am halfway done with my college experience and I am this much closer to the “real world.” It feels like just yesterday I was reading for the first time in my kindergarten class or working on my California mission project in the fourth grade.

It seems like I was just a young girl heading to my high school freshman orientation, not knowing the difference from the B Building to the G Building or if I was supposed to go to first lunch or second lunch. It feels like yesterday I was making the decision of a lifetime and deciding upon TCU.

Time really does fly by.

Everyone told me your high school and college years fly by. They were going to go by in a blink of an eye, but I didn’t believe it. Well, until now.

I know I don’t want to be in college forever, but right now it feels like the real word is coming just a little too quickly. Soon, my best friends won’t live right next door. They’ll be in a different city, or most likely, a different state. As much as we want to, we can't control the hands on the clock.

As time goes on, we are always going to make new memories we will never forget. However, we are also only in a small portion of our life right now. The real world lies ahead of us.

Before we know it, we’ll be getting new jobs, finding our soul mates, getting married, buying our first house, starting a family and sending our own kids off to college.

So, as time is flying by, and I'm shocked I only have three semesters left in Fort Worth (and one abroad), I need to remember this: I will make the most of it. Because, unfortunately, time flies when you’re having fun.