Why Unexpected Friendships Are The Best Friendships
Friendships

It's The Friendships You Didn't See Coming That End Up Being The Best

Appreciating quality over quantity.

1898

There are people that we meet through work or school that we become friends with simply because they are a part of our everyday lives. When lives start going separate ways, we graduate or find a new job, you find that you just start drifting away. However, if you're lucky you'll find some unexpected friendships in these places that will last a lifetime.

We go through stages in life- throughout these stages, we meet new people, we gain friends and we lose them. Suddenly people we thought would be a part of our lives forever just aren't there anymore. And then sometimes people we would never expect to be friends with pop up out of nowhere and change our lives for the better.

Recently, I have found a new appreciation for finding "my people." People to trust, to talk to, to laugh with, to make memories with, to just do life with. I have found that my people are not who I thought they would be. There is something beautiful in the unexpected. I have learned and are continually learning new things about myself and the world through these unexpected friendships. They have allowed me to get out of my comfort zone, experience unexpected blessings, share ideas, perspectives, and memories with new people, and learn from one another's lives.

I firmly believe that when these unexpected friendships show up when you least expect them it is God working in our lives. when you look back there will be moments that make you think how lucky you are that He provided both of you with these friendships. Friends that have proven that they aren't going anywhere. You hear and know about each other past and are proud of the person you've become. You walk with each other through the darkest times and hype you up even more when life is going great.

I do not believe in restricting friendships by age or social groups. Appreciate the cliche of "quality over quantity" when it comes to choosing your circle of people. Lastly, enjoy those unexpected friendships that God provides you with, they could be the best friendships you ever have.