To My (Unexpected) Best Friend

To My (Unexpected) Best Friend

A best friend isn't someone who's just always there for you. It's someone who understands you a bit more than you understand yourself.

13
To My (Unexpected) Best Friend
wordpress

To my unexpected best friend,

Through all of our late night shenanigans, drunken memories, rant sessions, and endless Glee marathons, you have easily become my best friend. I know for both of us, trust is a hard thing to grant to other people, but I would say that we have come a long way in less than a year. Even though our rocky beginning of mutual hatred towards each other, we have bonded in a way that I’m not sure I’ll find anything like it again. I never thought you would be this important to me when we first met, but it’s funny how things work out.

I wanted to thank you for everything that you have done for me in the past six months or so. Thank you for the endless encouragement when I felt like I just was not good enough overall. Thank you for trying to keep me in line when I insisted on skipping majority of my classes…you know there were a lot of those times. Thank you for acting like the parent when I needed to check myself before I wrecked myself. Thank you for being a brother from another mother. Thank you for making me realize that I’m above the people that made me feel lesser for months before you came along. Thank you for the nights where we ate half gallons of ice cream and watched High School Musical…the first, second and third. Thank you for teaching me how to drink beer. Thank you for the awkward hugs that you hate. Thank you for going to the library with me when I had hours of work to do. Thank you for laughing when I busted my butt for the third, fourth, and fifth time and for not judging me too harshly when I peed my pants. Thank you for not screenshotting my snapchats, even though I screenshot all of yours.

I cannot wait to see how far you go in life, but I know there are no limitations on what you can do. Even though you had to make some tough calls recently, I know that they are going to benefit you. I hope that you always know how awesome you are and if you do not know how awesome you actually are you know what number to text.

I’m glad that we’re in this friendship for the long haul, because like you said, I’m not getting rid of you anytime soon and vice versa. I cannot express how grateful I am for that either. “Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean, but true friends stay, like an octopus on your face.” You’re an octopus.

With all of that being said, I am so excited to see where life is going to take us. We are going to make some unforgettable memories between all of the plans we have now and the plans we are going to make. I cannot wait to go on a wild spring break trip, our European adventure, or even just our casual upcoming beach trip.

Sending good vibes your way,

Hannah