Understand Progressive Testing in Oracle

Oracle

30

.

Progressive testing in Oracle is a significant way to check the software system's performance. In the software testing process, attributes such as flexibility, scalability, reliability, functionality, etc., are the main attributes that describe the performance of the software. Progressive testing is mainly about individually testing each module or unit. This blog post will discuss progressive testing, its working, approaches, implementation, challenges, and benefits.

Overview of Progressive Testing in Oracle

It is also called incremental testing. When the testing of modules takes place one after the other, progressive testing is used. It is a sub-testing technique for the Oracle testing platform that is a part of integration testing, and this testing is also an approach for integration testing on software.

When the unit testing of every component is performed, integration testing is done to ensure interaction and interaction between the system components.

How Does Progressive Testing Work in Oracle?

• Unit testing is performed on every unit of code, and after clearing the test, it is kept in isolation.
  • Every unit is tested independently with some standard parameters.
  • Finally, units are congregated together, and integration testing is done incrementally.

Approaches of Progressive Testing

Top-Down Approach

In this approach, to integrate the components, components are combined one by one from top to bottom.

Bottom-Up Approach

From the bottom level to the top level, components are combined one by one so that all components get integrated.

Functional Approach

In this approach, testing is done based on functionality. This testing is carried out horizontally. Sometimes, it is also known as functional increment.

Hybrid Approach

In this, the bottom-up and top-down approach is followed.

Implementation of Oracle Progressive Automation Testing

Prepare the test suite that can be automated with ease over the Oracle testing platform. Avoid automating everything all at once

Once the test suite gets automated, then increase the ambit of testing. The scope of testing can be increased, such as by increasing the current test's coverage and adding new tests.

Monitor the progress of automation efforts so that what is working and what is not while testing is known. Doing all this will help to make necessary changes and adjustments along the way.

By following this, progressive testing can be implemented in the right manner.

Challenges in Progressive Automation Testing

Progressive testing is undoubtedly beneficial, but there are some associated challenges which are as follows:

Script of Automation

In progressive testing, every system component is automated instead of executing the test cases manually. But no matter how, automation tools will work when the business user and tester are programmers.

Test Script Maintenance

Frequently maintenance is needed due to updates in the structure of schema, data set, or functionality.

End-to-End Testing

Before deploying the application, end-to-end tests are of utmost importance. However, it is challenging to find a platform for automation tests that can support an entire stack of technology.

Benefits of Progressive Automation Testing

Progressive automation testing works in parallel with the development phase and comprises various benefits, which are as follows:

Time-Saving

Progressive testing is done in the early stage, so it reduces the effort and cost that is spent on retesting and fixing the reported bugs,

Higher ROI

Progressive testing is performed on each system unit, ensuring visibility, adaptability, and flexibility in the early stage of the development life cycle. All this helps in the reduction of project risk.

Risk Coverage

Progressive testing is mainly about validating the functionality of the Oracle testing platform. End-to-end test cases are executed to ensure accurate communication between various units within a system. All this ensures adequate coverage of risk.

Conclusion

Progressive automation testing is meant to introduce automation in the Oracle testing platform process. It is quite beneficial for those organizations that want to automate but don't want to commit holistically to the automation process. Progressive testing is one of the essentials in software testing, and it is also helpful for an organization that has a clear understanding of the objectives and goals.

Furthermore, a career in software testing is quite rewarding, and the proper guidance and skills will help you ace the software testing field. For instance, courses and certifications in software are one of the best ways.