10 Underrated Disney World Foods And Snacks
Travel

10 Underrated Disney World Foods And Snacks When You Finally Get Tired Of Dole Whip

Put down that Dole Whip and pick up one of these snacks.

339
disney waffle

When you have spent as much time at Disney World as I have, and trust me, you don't want to know how many times I have visited Disney World, you tend to get bored of Dole Whip and corn dog nuggets for fuel. Spending hours walking around, riding rides, and meeting your favorite characters you can work up quite the appetite. Instead of heading towards the cutesy Mickey shaped food, I'm here to tell you about some hidden gems that are worth spending an arm and a leg on.

PB & J Milkshake at Hollywood Studios

Forget your boring chocolate and vanilla milkshakes, I raise you a peanut butter and jelly milkshake. This is a hidden treasure of the '50s Prime Time Cafe and the best part? You don't have to commit to an entire sit down meal to try it. You can swing by and grab one at the '50s Prime Time Cafe walk-up bar whenever you want.

School Bread at Epcot

School bread has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. What's better than carbs when you're low on energy? School bread is a lightly sweet bread roll with toasted coconut shreds on top and vanilla custard dolloped on top and inside the bread. Yes, it's just as good as it sounds.

Strawberry Soup at The Grand Floridian

Strawberry soup can be found at 1900 Park Fare breakfast buffet. It's exactly as it sounds too, soup made of strawberries. It's a cold soup that can be used for many things. My favorite way to eat it is drizzled over warm Mickey waffles. You can even ask your waiter or waitress for a recipe card on how to make it at home too.

Buffalo Chicken Chips at Animal Kingdom

The buffalo chicken chips at Animal Kingdom are probably one of my favorite things on this list. Although most people seem to pass it by on their way to their next FastPass. Next time you pass Trilo-Bites on your way through Animal Kingdom be sure to snag these as a nice spicy lunch. Not to mention they are only $7.99 which is cheaper than a majority of lunch options at Disney World. SCORE.

Cream Cheese Pretzel

The cream cheese pretzel tastes better than any normal pretzel. Even if it is Mickey shaped. Just imagine a pretzel filled with warm cream cheese icing, I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it. The only tricky matter is finding out where they are located. They used to be at the Lunching Pad at Magic Kingdom but they frequently come and go. However, you can typically find them at Hollywood Studios at a snack cart by the late Great Movie Ride.

Frozen Sunshine at The Beach and Yacht Club Resort

The Frozen Sunshine is better than Dole Whip to be quite honest. You can find this at the Beaches and Cream walkup location but don't fret if you don't see it on the menu. If you order it, the cast members will know what to do. The beautiful concoction is made of orange sherbert, vanilla ice cream, and seltzer and is the perfect refreshing drink on a hot day. (Maybe even try substituting seltzer for Sprite for a little extra flavor.)

Stuffed Egg Rolls with Cream Cheese and Pineapple at Animal Kingdom

These egg rolls are the best handheld snack throughout the day. Chances are when you are in Pandora too you're going to be waiting a long time for Flights of Passage or Na'vi River Journey so next time you are about to get in line for one of these rides, pick up one of these egg rolls to accompany you on your wait.

Carrot Cake Cookie at Hollywood Studios

The carrot cake cookie is a fan favorite but deserves more love. With the closure of Sweet Spells you can now find this delicious treat at Trolley Car Treats (AKA Starbucks). So swing by, grab a latté and a carrot cake cookie and pop a squat for Fantasmic!

Brie Aix Pommes at Epcot

Typically when people head to the France pavilion at Epcot they go for macarons, gelato, or wine and miss out on the next lunch of their life. In the Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, the bakery in the back of the France pavilion, you can find a pretty big sandwich with brie, apple slices, and cranberries. It sounds odd but tastes amazing.

The Wave Breakfast Buffet at The Contemporary Resort

Now I know this last one technically isn't a food item but everyone needs to be informed of this critical information. The breakfast buffet at The Wave is a hidden gem. It's one of the cheapest buffets on Disney property and is the perfect place to fill up as much as you can before a full day at the theme parks.