Uncommon Fall Drinks You Have To Try

Uncommon Fall Drinks You Have To Try

Forget the Pumpkin Spice Latte, there are so many great fall drinks.

12
Uncommon Fall Drinks You Have To Try

When you walk into any coffee shop in the fall, chain or small business, you’re bound to find a fall basic: a pumpkin spice latte. Based on the menu, the pumpkin spice latte is your only option to get into the fall spirit with your drink, but I (a barista) am here to inform you that you have many more options.

Below, I have compiled a list of drinks (barista tried and true) that definitely have a fall vibe, but are also guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and your morning coffee craving.

Start with: Caramel latte

Add: Cinnamon

Caramel lattes are great, and that’s why every single coffee shop carries some form of them all year long. Adding cinnamon to it gives it a bit of spice without totally changing the typical caramel latte.

How to order: “I’ll have the caramel latte, add cinnamon, please.”

Start with: Chai latte

Add: Pumpkin

Bonus: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon

Chai already has a sweet, yet spicy flavor to it, and the pumpkin just mixes perfectly with it. This drink is great hot or cold. Personally, I love to tone this down by adding a sugar-free vanilla, as well.

How to order: “I’ll take the chai latte with pumpkin (and sugar-free vanilla) flavoring.”

Start with: Caramel Apple Cider

Add: Marshmallow

Typically, most coffee shops add apple cider to their menu in the fall, and they market it as a “Caramel Apple Cider” (apple cider with caramel). It sounds crazy, but marshmallow is a totally underrated flavor, and adding this is just another sweet flavor for an excellent combination.

How to order: “I’ll try the caramel apple cider with marshmallow today.”

Start with: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Add: Marshmallow

Much like the Caramel Apple Cider, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is already a fall staple, but it can definitely take a little sprucing up. The marshmallow contributes another flavor and tones down the overall spice of the typical PSL.

How to order: “I’d like the pumpkin spice latte, add marshmallow flavor, please.”

Start with: Mocha Latte

Add: Cinnamon (on this one, I would recommend cinnamon flavoring and powder)

Ever tried a Mexican hot chocolate? This is a lot like that, sweet and spicy. Not only is this one a great latte, but this one also doubles as a hot chocolate too, if you request it without the espresso shots.

How to order: “I’ll take the mocha latte with cinnamon flavoring and powder.”

Start with: Vanilla Latte

Add: Caramel and cinnamon

Vanilla is a basic, no-fail latte, and although it’s always good, it’s usually boring. Caramel and vanilla together are also a no-fail option, seeing as their both a favorite latte, but also adding the cinnamon is an easy way to bring the fall spice to your simple drink.

How to order: “I’ll take a vanilla caramel latte with cinnamon.”

Start with: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Add: Butterscotch

Butterscotch and pumpkin may sound crazy, but the sweetness of the butterscotch combines beautifully with the spice of the pumpkin. It’s a different taste, but nonetheless, it’s an awesome choice.

How to order: “I’d like the pumpkin spice latte with butterscotch.”

Start with: Caramel Latte

Add: Salted caramel

So many, and I repeat, so many coffee shops have a salted caramel flavoring in the fall (usually it’s a seasonal item), and you’d be surprised at how much better the salted caramel flavoring is. Oh my gosh, guys, it’s a game changer, if the shop has it.

How to order: “I’ll have a caramel latte, but with the salted caramel flavoring instead.”

* All of the drinks listed above are the common latte option, meaning all can be done hot, iced, or blended.

** Drinks be ordered in a sugar-free, low-fat, or reduced calorie version with the same effect, but the calorie count will then vary based upon your location of choice. (Personally, I always get my drinks reduced calorie and find no taste difference.)

***Additionally, these drinks can be made in the form of a cappuccino (more foam, less milk) and in the form of flavored coffee (just ask for the flavors to be added to your favorite morning brew).