UNC Schools And Their Corresponding Hogwarts Houses

"It is our choices that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

120
Flickr

If you haven’t heard of Hogwarts, I am going to need you to exit to the left immediately. A Hogwarts house is a concept used at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the lore of the Harry Potter series. Individuals are separated into 4 different “houses” based off of the person’s personality. Ambitious Slytherin, Brave Gryffindor, Loyal Hufflepuff, and Clever Ravenclaw. Ever imagine if your university was sorted into a house? Well I have the article for you!

1. UNC Chapel Hill

UNC is the perfect example of what a Gryffindor would be like if it was ever a “school”. All of the students took a brave step simply applying, but there is more to a Gryffindor than just bravery. Gryffindor are courage filled, chivalrous, and determined. If you don’t associate any of those traits with UNC, we must be talking about two different schools.

2. UNC Wilmington

Can you say Ravenclaw? I immediately thought Ravenclaw when I first thought of UNCW, but I of coursed asked all my friends who go to UNCW the same question with a unanimous Ravenclaw conclusion. Every single person that I know is VERY intelligent (and sometimes witty). The perfect example as a Ravenclaw.

3. UNC Greensboro

As a Hufflepuff myself, I am very happy to say that my school is one too. Hufflepuff’s are known for their open acceptance, and UNCG is known for its accepting and diverse atmosphere. But it doesn’t stop there. Hufflepuffs are also extremely loyal and not afraid of toil. Everyone at UNCG is so lovely and warm, but don’t think for a second we’re not afraid to put you in your place if you dare try to bring some bigotry to our campus.

4. UNC Charlotte

UNCC is most definitely a school that can get lost in translation. I didn't even know the school existed until one of my best friends got accepted there! Every single person that I know of who goes there just SCREAM Gryffindor, not all Gryffindors are super loud and arrogant. Not every Gryffindor is the same! Nerve and chivalry is what makes me think of UNCC, and those two traits are the very core of a Gryffindor's being.

5. UNC Pembroke

UNCP is another Ravenclaw school, mainly because a lot of students there are really focused on their studies. I know a lot of them are going to be very successful someday. UNCP also has a huge teaching program. What is more Ravenclaw than someone going to school to become a teacher?

6. UNC School of the Arts

From all the people I know at UNCSA and people that I have interviewed, UNCSA is clearly another Hufflepuff school. People who do the right thing, but always pushing themselves to do their best. Most people think Hufflepuff as the useless house, but people also forget to acknowledge how hard Hufflepuff people work. On top of all of that, their students are just so happy being themselves and not judging others just like any Hufflepuff would.

7. UNC Asheville

The world will never know. Everyone at UNCA is either dead or a part of the lost colony because no one wanted to reply to my messages. I guess we’ll never know.