Ultimate Pop/Punk/Rock Christmas Playlist

In case you are sick of the same old Christmas music

69

It’s that time of year again everyone. Thanksgiving is over and now it’s the APPROPRIATE time to celebrate the holidays even though I know everyone has been festive since November 1st… Anyway, for those of us who celebrate Christmas, the music is one of the best parts of the season. It gets us prepared and excited for the big day to come. Whether you are on your way to get your Christmas tree, shop for the holidays, or just enjoying a cozy day at home, you probably find yourself listening to Christmas music. The same old stuff can get old after a while so why not try listening to some pop/punk/rock Christmas songs! Here is my ultimate playlist of those types of Christmas songs.

1. "Christmas Time Again" by Amely

Although the lyrics are a bit of a bummer, dealing with not having a loved one with you on Christmas day, this song sounds so fun and upbeat that you hardly even notice.

2. "Christmas Lights" by Yellowcard

Okay, maybe I’m biased because Yellowcard is one of my favorite bands of all time, but this Christmas song is one that is so incredibly enjoyable. It was originally by Coldplay but Yellowcard’s cover is my favorite. It is a smooth and soft Christmas song in the beginning that builds up until its last part, where their full guitar riffs, drums, and violin come in. It is just a beautiful song, which is expected from anything Yellowcard puts together.

3. "I Won’t Be Home for Christmas" – Blink 182

For all of you who get a little bit stressed during the holiday season, this song will certainly make you laugh and it has some truth within it regarding how we all feel during the holiday season sometimes. What else can you expect from Blink 182 but a song with crazy lyrics and a funny message?

4. "Silver Bells" – Relient K

I never loved the song “Silver Bells.” However, when I heard Relink K’s rendition of it I loved it. It is so nicely done with the sound of sleigh bells, smooth guitar, and the drum beat that makes it a magical version of the popular song

5. "12 Days of Christmas" – Relient K

Lets’s be honest, this song is always SOOOO boring. How could anybody ever do a great version of the "12 Days of Christmas"? Just listen to the Relient K version of the song and you will be so incredibly and pleasantly surprised. This is by far one of my favorite Christmas songs. Not only does the band sing the normal song but they play around with it by singing lyrics backwards, adding sound effects, adding a choir, and counting down in the most epic way possible. Just take a listen for yourself!

6. "White Christmas" – Honors Society

Wow, I’m on a roll with Christmas songs that I normally don’t like. "White Christmas" was another one I never liked at all but this rendition really changed my mind. The flow of the song is done in a much smoother fashion and the melody flows so much better. Along with the smooth singing, sound of bells, and guitar solo in the bridge, this is another great one.

7. "My Christmas List" – Simple Plan

Coming from the old days of Simple Plan, this song embodies the inner greedy child that we often encounter during the holidays. However, the catchy nature of the song is enough to make you want to listen all season long.

8. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" – The Latency

By just simply using vocals and an acoustic guitar, The Latency has created such a relaxing and soothing version of this song. So curl up by the Christmas tree and enjoy this great version.

9. "Christmas With You" – Artist vs Poet

This is an original yet very sweet Christmas song. The acoustic guitar really captures the mood and tone of the song.

10. "Because It’s Christmas" – Sidewalk Prophets

If this song doesn’t make you want to smile and just enjoy Christmas, I don’t know what will. It’s fun, upbeat, joyful, and catchy. What else could you ask for from a Christmas song?

11. "Santa Clause Is Coming to Town" – Sugarcult

This is a very pop/punk driven version of the popular song. Although very short, it’s still a really fun rendition.

12. "All I Want For Christmas" – Quietdrive

If you are looking for a different version of this song often performed by Mariah Carey, you have come to the right place. Maybe it’s just my personal taste of pop/punk/rock music but I would much rather listen to this version of the song. It’s just so different and great sounding with the use of the electric guitar. And yes, the lead singer hits the big note…and it’s great.