The Ultimate Guide To Being An Outreach Specialist

Step by step instructions to being a part of a thriving Odyssey community.

591

The Outreach Specialist is responsible for consistently recruiting and reaching out to potential new members in the local community. The OS also coordinates with the EIC as potential members apply, and consistently grows the team from social media posts and recommendations.

Monday

Reach out to at least 5 potential Creators on social media

Objective: Help spread the word about your Odyssey team. Post fliers and the link to apply in various class pages, hyperlocal FB groups, find good candidates on LinkedIn, even DM influencers on Instagram.

Resources: How To Gain A Following Using Your Community Page

Try posting this message around on Facebook: "Odyssey is looking for Content Creators! Hoping to build your resume without interrupting your schedule? Odyssey democratizes the way stories are told online. We believe multiple perspectives, opinions, and ideas should be captured and heard, shared, and amplified on a worldwide scale. Hyperlocal voices looking to gain digital exposure and a clipbook of work should request an invite to join the platform. Why not start today? Request an invite here: https://muse.theodysseyonline.com/apply

Tuesday

Remind everyone about Wednesday at 5 p.m. submission deadline

Objective: More Creators that submit content means that you are helping build a healthy community. It’s especially helpful for you to reach out to new Creators to remind them about the deadline for their first article.

Wednesday

Reach Out in GroupMe/FB group

Objective: Either reach out individually or to the entire team. Ask current Creators for contact info of friends that might be interested in joining the team. The best teams are ones with Creators that feel connected to the other Creators.

Resources:

Thursday

Resources:

Try sending this message around on Instagram:

"Hey! I’m an Editor at Odyssey and I’m looking to grow our branch at [SCHOOL]! You seem like a really creative person and I think it might be perfect for you. I would love to send you some more information. Let me know your email address and I’ll share some more deets. (emojis of choice)"

Friday

Resources:

Try sending this message around on LinkedIn: "I hope your week is going well! After reviewing your career experience and the skills you've gained, I believe you may be a good fit for a leadership and content creation position at Odyssey, a fast-growing social media platform. If you're interested, please reach out to me via email at youremail@.com or apply under our school name "_____" here: https://muse.theodysseyonline.com/apply We look forward to hearing from you soon!"