Ultimate college packing list from a freshman.

The Ultimate College Packing List, From A First Year College Student

Here is what you actually need and none of what you don't.

1344
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp77e2eFgI8/

In the coming week, I have to pack up my entire life and move out of my dorm, which has been my home for the past year. A year ago, when I began buying my college dorm room "necessities," I looked up online and watched countless YouTube videos about what exactly I needed to buy for college. People tell you to buy so many things and it is always different. I have combined a list of 25 items that you will actually need and that will not just take up space.

1. An iron, not a steamer

Everyone always says bring a steamer. Highly recommend bringing an iron instead due to the fact that steamers can get annoying and messy and only use filtered water which is hard to come by in the dorm.

2. Mattress pad

Thank me later for this one.

3. An ottoman

A place to hide away mess and things you don't really have a place for, like, pads and tampons, ladies.

4. Wall decorations

Make that prison cell looking room come to life and look cute.

5. Planner

This will literally save your life.

6. Stapler

May seem obvious but you would be surprised.

7. Small fan

Trust me this is very important.

8. Bed risers

Beds don't always loft, mine did not.

9. Broom and dust pan

Don't forget it, I did.

10. Rug

Hardwood floors are not your friend.

11. Detergent pods

Waste of time and space to buy liquid detergent.

12. Can opener

Might seem random and unimportant but trust me it WILL be needed.

13. Plastic silverware

Washing dishes is a pain, don't do it.

14. Brita water filter

Water at college is gross, filter the nasty out.

15. Disinfectant wipes

Especially needed on move in day. Don't know who did what in their before you.

16. Paper towels

Another thing that is easily forgotten about.

17. Stain remover

Personally recommend getting simple green, will change your life.

18. Ramen noodles or soup cans

Late night munchies are a REAL thing.

19. Bath robe

Walking to the shower in your towel is uncomfortable, don't do it.

20. Shower flip flops

Don't be that person in the shower with no shoes on, it's gross.

21. Nice clothes

There will come a time where you will want something nicer to wear instead of t-shift, legging, and shorts.

22. Plenty of socks and underwear

Laundry piles up quickly and you will probably not always have enough time to deal with it.

23. Advil and allergy medicine

HUGE necessity!

24. Umbrella and rain jacket

Walking to class in the rain with your laptop in your backpack is a disaster waiting to happen, avoid at all costs.

25. Small trashcan

Don't wanna get into fights with your roommate over who is gonna take the trash out? Solution is to bring your own and don't share.

From Your Site Articles