The Ultimate 2000s Playlist You Almost Forgot About

For when you can't keep up with Today's Hits.

192
YouTube

If you know me, you know I am clueless when it comes to today's popular hits. I truthfully do not remember when I last listened to the radio, thanks to the convenience of live streaming in the palm of my hand 24/7. However, I could care less about the radio because all my favorite jams are in the late 90's and the 2000's.

If you love this era of music, check out my playlist of 15 bumping beats of the 2000's below. And if not? Check it out anyways and remind yourself what you've been missing out on while sticking to Today's Hits on loop.

1. Are You That Somebody- Aaliyah

Let's be real here: Aaliyah had it going on. This song debuted just before the 2000s, but I can promise you anyone who has seen Dr. Dolittle knows this song is a staple in 2000s culture.

2. I Want It That Way- The Backstreet Boys

I know you're lying if you say you don't want it that way. Everyone knows this song and you know you can sing every single word.

3. Suga Suga- Baby Bash

I'm still waiting on someone to ask me, "suga, suga how'd you get so fly?"

4. Independent Women, PT. 1- Destiny's Child

Empowering fellow hardworking women? Sign me up.

5. Work It- Missy Elliot

I think we all are still trying to figure out how to say "Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup I."

6. Hey Ya- Outkast

Can we go back to calling it "shaking it like a Polaroid picture" instead of twerking?

7. In Da Club- 50 Cent

Play this song on your birthday because it is the ultimate hype song. You'll thank me later.

8. Let's Get It Started- The Black Eyed Peas

Feeling lazy and need some motivation to finish tasks at hand? Play this bad boy and you'll finish more than what's left on your to-do list.

9. Fergalicious- Fergie

In my book, Fergalicious is an acceptable adjective and always will be.

10. I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At The Disco

This is probably one of the few songs on this list I can actually say I still hear other people listening to on the daily (besides me).

11. Potential Breakup Song- Aly & AJ

To this day, I still feel like this song never received the credit it was due.

12. Shake It- Metro Station

This one is for all the kids who spent their weekends at the skate station--everyone knows when this song started playing you better get your skates on and head out to the rink!

13. Without Me- Eminem

"Guess who's back? Back again. Shady's back. Tell a friend."

14. Toxic- Britney Spears

Britney was queen of the 2000's. Bow down.

15. Misery Business- Paramore

Everything about this song screams quality work. Not to mention, Hayley is so easy to root for since she's such a strong female lead and so down to earth.