UFC 235: Titles, Debuts, And Redemption

UFC 235: Titles, Debuts, And Redemption

UFC 235 Is Shaping Up To Be One Of The Most Anticipated Cards Of the Year

83

As 2019 continues to unfold we are getting closer and closer to one of the biggest cards of the year on March 2nd at UFC 235 with #3 ranked Light-heavyweight Anthony "Lionheart" Smith getting a shot at the title when he faces arguably the greatest of all time the UFC Light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones. Since moving up to the Light-Heavyweight division Anthony Smith has been on a complete tear as he has finished 2 former champions in Rashard Evans and Mauricio Rua in devastating fashion. He also has a huge win over former title challenger Volkan Oezdemir. Since making his return to the Octagon and reclaiming his title when he finished Alexander Gustaffson via TKO at UFC 232 this will be Jones first title defense in 3 years.

The UFC Welterweight Champion "The Chosen One" Tyron Woodley will be in a fight where many expected him to be defending his title against the #1 ranked welterweight Colby Covington but that is not the case. Tyron will be taking on the #2 ranked "Nigerian Nightmare" Kamaru Usman in the Co-main Event as the champ is coming off of a dominant win over Darren Till at UFC 228 when he finished "The Gorilla" via D'arce choke in the 1st round. Kamaru Usman is also coming off of a huge win over former UFC Lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos when he defeated him in a fantastic performance that earned him the Unanimous Decision victory,

All eyes were on the "Funky" Ben Askren at the UFC 235 Press Conference as he will be making his highly anticipated debut in the organization when he faces former UFC Welterweight champion "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler in a fight that will really test Ben Askren in his UFC Debut as Lawler has knockout power and wrestling. Ben Askren is undefeated in his mix martial artists and he is has been known as someone who has a ground game that can go toe to toe with current UFC Lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. He showcased his skills around the world as he is the former One and Bellator Welterweight Champion. "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler is coming off of a loss to Rafael dos Anjos and a serious injury that kept him out of action.

Another huge fight on the card will be #6 ranked Featherweight Jeremy Stephens defending his spot in the division against top prospect and upcoming #13 ranked Zabit Magomedsharipov. Stephens has been very dominant in the division despite his last loss against #1 ranked Jose Aldo and is hoping to derail this huge hype that is Zabit. Magomedsharipov is looking to break into the top 10 in the division if he can put on a dominant display and dismantle Jeremy Stephens.

Former UFC Bantamweight Champion #2 ranked Cody "No Love" Gardbrandt will make his return to the octagon as he hopes to put his last 2 losses against the current UFC Bantamweight Champion TJ Dillashaw behind him as he hopes to get back in the right direction to get his title back. Cody will be facing #8 ranked Pedro Munhoz as fireworks are expected to go off all night at the T-mobile Arena on March 2nd.