10 Types Of Nights That Everyone Should Experience This Summer

Who is to stay summer is not the best season around?

920
msecnd.net

Summer is here (sort of). If you are located anywhere close to Rhode Island I guess it is not technically summer... but after all the rain, it's easy to accept the one or two nice days per week.

In the summer, I think that we can all agree that the only thing stressful about it is the millions of times you have to question "so what do I do?" If you're still in school and it is finally summer break you realize how much free time you have. With the free time, it's easy for it to come hand in hand with boredom. Do not let boredom blues getcha down. It's time to explore your state and enjoy it for everything it's got to offer.

There is always plenty to do. There are times when only one friend is around or times the whole crew can get together. If you're unsure of how to spend your summer nights, hear me out on the 10 types of nights that you should experience this summer:

1. Laying in a field looking at the stars.

After watching the sun go down, lying on a sheet with some music playing. You already know a conversation can head in any direction when you have the crickets in the background and your friends by your side. This calls for a soothing night relaxing.

2. Having a backyard fire with friends.

Roast marshmallows, smores or even having hotdogs. There is nothing better than being in the comfort of your own home, hanging out able to do whatever you please with the company of great friends.

3. Hitting the beach.

Listen to the waves crash. Just like looking up at the stars, there is no more relaxing activity than hanging back on a beach and reflecting on life. The waves create a beautiful sound that allows you to zone out and truly appreciate everything around you.

4. Head out for a drink at an outdoor bar and dance the night away.

In the summertime, it is fun to get out and do some reckless things of course. So to add to the list, go out and enjoy a literal night out on the town. It is much more enjoyable to head out to the city and stroll around, head to some bars and dance the night away when it is gorgeous out. Weather makes all the difference. You'll see everybody outside at any given time.

5. Late night swimming.

Whether it's in a pool or if you're brave enough to get into the ocean. Although it does get a little cooler at night, there's nothing boring about going for a dip.

6. Watching fireworks.

All throughout summer, you can almost count on catching a firework show. Always keep an eye out for the ones right by the water!

7. Camping.

Mixing up being in a big open field watching the stars, camping throws a spin on it. You get to grill, hike, watch the sunset, be around a campfire and appreciate being away from the hustle and bustle and truly be happy within the company you have.

8. Ice cream dates.

After a long day at the beach, or working. Swing by an ice cream shop and stay cool.

9. Outdoor concerts.

Hanging around in the summer trying to figure out what to do? Welcome to a wonderful area that is lucky enough to have space for outdoor concerts. Better yet, the beach sometime offers outdoor movies being played right on the beach! No matter what activity, it's always better in the summer!

10. Fairs.

What better way to get acquainted with your community than seeing everybody come together and spending some time at a fair. There's plenty to do, rides, foods, and sometimes even concerts!

No matter where you are, there's bound to be something fun happening in your city! I know that in Rhode Island, for the most part, we have beautiful Waterfires throughout the summer and we're lucky enough to have WBRU sponsor free outdoor concerts! There is always something to engage in.

Even if it is walking around the town, wandering into little shops, there is always something. As long as you get outside and enjoy the bliss of the warm wind at your skin. So, do you need something to do tonight?