9 Types Of Friends That Every 20 Something Needs In Their Life

We may have the same best friend since we were toddlers, or we may consider family members to be our best friends.
177

By the time we enter our early adulthood stage in life, we have had a history of different types of friendships. We may have the same best friend since we were toddlers, or we may consider family members to be our best friends. Whatever your friendship history may be, here are the types of friendships everyone needs in their life.

Personally, I have been able to have every single one of the following friends talked about below. I’ve had a diverse group where my friends were not all friends with each other. But I was lucky enough to have them in various parts of my lives. Whether it was through school, work, internships, or other forms of life, here are some friends that I have made throughout my 23 years of life.

1. The mom

Everyone has someone, is that someone, or needs this someone in their life. This 20 something has been acting like a middle-aged woman since they hit their teens. They like to drink their tea before bed, dress modest, and give the best advice in times of need. She makes sure everyone is okay and is usually the sober, responsible one at parties. Whenever you make a mistake she’s the one you go to for confession.

2. The comedian

We all need a funny friend. Whether they tell actual jokes, or just know how to say and do the right things at the right time; this friend can turn your day around within minutes of being in their presence. Their ability to crack a smile out of you creates a positive energy that makes you want to be around them 24/7, and can also make you have a stomach ache from all that laughter.

3. The encyclopedia

This is your Brainiac friend who has been destined for Harvard since she came out of the womb. She’s always correcting you, not necessarily in a know-it-all way, but in an “actually you should know this is the correct answer” type of way. Because they’re your friend they’re sort of your built-in tutor, and can edit your school work. They’ll always be there to discuss the latest bestseller from the New York Times, and you can have some of the best intellectual conversations with them.

4. The potato couch

This is the girl that LOVES staying at home on her weekends. Her time being able to cozy up with a glass of wine and in her comfiest yogas, are the times she cherishes most. And when she gets to spend them with her close friends, it’s a peek into her sanctuary. Aside from this, she is possibly your most relaxed friend who doesn’t get worked up about things. In fact, when you get worked up about something, she’s the first person you can go to, to vent without an annoying devil’s advocate arguing back with your thoughts and opinions.

5. The blunt

Don’t get the wrong idea about this one. It’s your friend who is not afraid to say it like it is. Sometimes we all need this friend to really give us the God’s honest truth without sugar coating it. The world isn’t made of daisies and sunflowers all the time, so sometimes we need that friend who isn’t afraid to give it to us as it is. It can make us stronger, braver, and not afraid to be ourselves. You really must be thankful for them.

6. The good girlfriend

This is the girl that always has a boyfriend. Literally always. Ever since you’ve known her she has never been single. But she knows that “hoes before bros,” is the true saying, and she’ll drop everything she needs to in order to be by your side in a time of need. Her boyfriend understands where her loyalty stands and knows that sometimes his needs come second to yours. That also plays as a beautiful third wheel sort of relationship.

7. The party animal

This is your friend that you can go out with and get as wild as you want. She’s always down for a fun time, and even if it’s a spontaneous, let’s skip studying for our exam tomorrow morning type of thing, she is down to do so. She will pick you up when you’re down and make sure you have the night of your life, even if it’s the typical type of night that you’d normally have.

8. The yellow starburst

This friend is the friend that you cannot remember for the life of you how they came into your life, but here they are and they’re not leaving. And you’re not sad about it. They have been nothing but a good friend. They may not hold the typical personality of the friends that you usually hang around, but that’s what makes them so unique. They’re different, they bring a new characteristic to your life, and you still love them just as much as the others.

9. The best friend

Lastly, we have the best friend. This is not just a title; it is a tier. it is a level that can sometimes take months, even years, to achieve. Sometimes it can literally happen overnight. It just happens. They are your person and you wouldn’t trade them for the world. They are your go to, the person you tell everything to, and the person you committed your life to spending with. Whether you see them every day or it’s a long distance, you have an insane amount of love for them, there is no replacing this best friend. They hold the ultimate friendship title and there is no replacing them once it’s given.

So if you’re anything like me with a diverse set of friendships, you’ve had a few of these. It’s interesting to think what your friends may explain you as, but whatever you are, each of these is special and will contribute positively to anyone’s well being.