19 Things Type A Personalities Know To Be True

We have our hands on our planner and our eyes on the clock.
20

Even though they can definitely be expanded on, we all know that personalities are typically separated into two categories: Type A and Type B. Those with a Type A personalities tend to competitive overachievers, while Type B individuals are labeled as more laid-back and reflective. These are broad statements to make about people, but I know that I'm most definitely Type A - everything about my tendencies, work ethic, and some personality traits backs this up. So to all my fellow Type A personalities out there - here's a list of things that you will be able to relate to:

1. You tend to be labeled as a workaholic

While others might have clocked out or resigned to procrastination, you are still there, plugging away and whatever task needs to be completed. It's not really that you like working - you just couldn't imagine not working when there's still work to be done.

2. You’re very conscious of time

Your eyes are always glued to the clock since you try to make the most out of every minute. You hate feeling like you're wasting your time.

3. Your planner is one of your most treasured possessions

You probably have a very organized and highly detailed planner that you check several times a day if you're a Type A. Not only that, but you get a huge sense of satisfaction being able to cross something off your to-do list.

4. You have a difficult time being idle

When you actually find that you have free time, you find yourself at a loss of what to do with it. You're thankful for the miraculous opportunity to take a break, but it's hard for you truly wind down and enjoy it.

5. Stress is something you know all too well

Unfortunately, stress is your constant companion. You focus on the looming deadlines and all the work that has to be done in order to meet those deadlines. Not only that, but you also stress about the little things in life as well.

6. You can’t stand people who are extremely lazy

You just truly don't understand how some of your friends or family members are able to just sit around and watch TV all day. It may get on your nerves sometimes, especially is you yourself are going through a particularly stressful time.

7. You’re a skilled multitasker

You have probably mastered the art of multitasking. You have learned to juggle multiple tasks and commitments at the same time. And honestly, you couldn't imagine watching Netflix and not working on something at the same time at this point.

8. Procrastination isn’t in your DNA

You may think that you procrastinate sometimes, but you are actually far ahead of what any true procrastinator is capable of. Being time-conscious as you are, you strive to get things done ahead of time and would find it far too nerve-wracking to push anything to the very last minute.

9. You can be unnecessarily competitive sometimes

You may not even be aware of it, but Type A people tend to make everything into a competition. This might mean asking people what they got on an exam and feeling satisfaction knowing you got the best score or being hell-bent on getting the best score during a casual bowling game.

10. Relaxing isn’t something that comes naturally to you

You like the idea of relaxing and every fiber of your being might yearn to relax, but it's almost impossible for you to put everything on pause. You might dedicate yourself to some self-care only to find yourself scribbling in your planner or working on an assignment.

11. You tend to be a perfectionist

Whether it's how your bedroom is organized or what your research paper consists of, you strive for perfection in a lot of what you do. This might mean that you take longer working on quality than others, or have hard time feeling truly content about your work.

12. Your sleep pattern is out of whack

Type A individuals tend to have a hard time falling, and staying, asleep. This might be because their minds are always focused on something and it's hard to slow down the speed that their thoughts are going at.

13. You are goal-oriented

You probably know what your goals are and have a good idea of how to achieve them either laid out in your head or in a Google doc.

14. You have a strong sense of urgency

While some people are perfectly fine sitting around without a particular sense of direction, you are constantly on the move. Sometimes you may not like it, but you probably find yourself zipping from one place or task to the next throughout the day, and having to play the waiting game annoys you to no end.

15. You enjoy planning things

Your friends and family probably know that you are the person to go to when a vacation, event, or outing needs to be planned out, and you are happy to say yes. You love going through the logistics of things and watching it all come together.

16. You have a tendency to talk… a lot

Type A personalities have a lot to express, and they want to make sure other people are listening. This might mean that you accidentally interrupt people while they're talking because you can't wait to make your comment.

17. You like to live in a purposeful way

For you, everything has to have a purpose. You like to live a life that has substance. You might feel frustrated if you are stuck doing something that you think is meaningless, and going with the flow is something we have to learn from our Type B peers.

18. You have loads of ambition

You are the classic definition of an overachiever. You're not afraid to let others know that you have certain goals in place and that you are willing to do whatever you have to in order to achieve them.

19. You couldn't imagine not being Type A

Some people might push Type A personalities into a negative light, and while it's definitely true that people with this personality have flaws, they also have many strengths. Also, you probably would make for an awful Type B.

So there you have it. Us Type A personalities have a certain way of doing and viewing things, and sometimes it's a pain, but we honestly would not want to go through life in any other way.