Being a twin is pretty rad sometimes
Lifestyles

5 Reasons Growing Up A Twin Is The Best

Thanks for always letting me copy your homework!

225
5 Reasons Growing Up A Twin Is The Best
Alicia Salvatore

Being a twin is pretty fun. Some days you will be scrambling for some space of your own and other days you will be wishing they were right next to you on the couch.

1. Built in April Fools option

Gina Salvatore

There's no denying that twins of the same gender look alike, even if they are fraternal like my twin and I are. Our best April Fools was our senior year of high school when I went to take a quiz in my sister's English class and she went to my Shakespeare class. A few minutes into the quiz I ran out of the room and into my Shakespeare class and asked her what she was doing there. She went to her English class and the teacher just thought she had to change her clothes. Best April Fools ever!

2. Someone to encourage your online spending habits

Gina Salvatore

We all need moral support and the twins are right there to give it. The "should I get this shirt?" or "should I get this jacket?" is a typical conversation happening between my twin and me. That black dress you see pictured did not buy itself, I was right there to give my two-cents.

3. Wardrobe options

Gina Salvatore

The days of matching outfits were over once we hit elementary school and stealing clothes without the other twin knowing is a skill that should be added to a resume and I would mark myself as a professional. Growing up with a twin meant double the clothes to choose from which is really a win-win.

4. Homework to copy

Gina Salvatore

Sorry to say I was a professional at sneaking into my twins' backpack while she was doing something else so that I could copy her homework. You could say I was not the best student so having a twin that was wicked smart definitely came in handy when I was stuck on certain topics. She got me through elementary school and high school but in college... I was on my own, ugh.

5. Someone to gossip with

Gina Salvatore

Have you ever just wanted to tell someone something but no one was around? Well, if you grew up as a twin you never had that issue. I mean, what do you think we were doing in this picture aside from making oatmeal cookies? Gossiping. My sister and I would always have twin time before bed where we talked about our days and what was going on. From who liked who in high school to talking about what other people were wearing to homecoming, we talked about it all.

From Your Site Articles