15 Places To Grab A Bite In The Twin Cities

You must try these restaurants and cafes when you're in Minnesota.

157
Corbyn Jenkins

The Twin Cities have so many incredible restaurants and cafes. So many that it even tends to be overwhelming. Don't waste your time and gas driving through city traffic in search of a place to eat. Here is a list of 14 delicious restaurants and cafes that you should really try out!

*This list is not composed in any specific order, all places are absolutely wonderful!

1. Spyhouse Coffee-

Spyhouse Coffee has four different locations around Minneapolis. One in Northeast, Uptown, Whittier, and the North Loop. Each location is unique in its own way but the coffee at them all is incredible. My personal favorite is the SpyGirl or an iced Carmella. Spyhouse is a great place to go on a coffee date with friends or simply sit by yourself and get homework done. The atmosphere is great, the baristas are very nice and helpful, and they play great music!

2. The Depot Tavern-

The Depot Tavern is located in Minneapolis right next door to First Avenue and 7th Street Entry. With First Avenue being Minneapolis' premier venue you have to give this restaurant a try! They even have a drink dedicated to Prince! The bar and restaurant has history of First Avenue covering its walls, full of photographs from past shows. If you check out the Depot Tavern I highly recommend trying out their burgers and Truffle Fries. SO GOOD!

3. Aster Cafe-

Aster Cafe is located near the beautiful Stone Arch bridge. It overlooks the Mississippi river and the skyline of the city of Minneapolis. The Aster is a candle-lit restaurant and is a great place to go on a date with a lover or even your best friend. The Aster presents live music on most nights of the year, ranging from national acoustic acts to the best local artists. I highly recommend trying the Chef's Grilled Cheese or the Aster Junior Club!

4. Anelace Coffee-

Anelace Coffee is a multi-roaster coffee shop located in Northeast Minneapolis. This coffee shop has the most beautiful aesthetic. They even have super cute stickers that you can purchase for your laptop! This shop has wonderful customer service and their latte game is strong! If you check out Anelace Coffee I recommend trying their drink called, The Iron Butterfly!

5. Glam Doll Donuts-

Glam Doll Donuts describes themselves as, "Coffee & artisan donuts in quirky flavors, plus weekend brunch, served in retro cool digs," and that is exactly what it is. There are two Glam Doll locations in Minneapolis. The original, on Nicolette and the new location in Northeast! When I recently went to Glam Doll I noticed that they had a Mac & Cheese donut on their menu. As skeptical as I was I ordered it and let me tell you, it was amazing! Seriously, step out of your comfort zone and try it! You will not be disappointed!

6. Black Coffee & Waffle Bar-

Black Coffee & Waffle Bar has two locations in St. Paul. One in Southeast and another in the Merriam Park neighborhood. This is one of the best places to go get breakfast or brunch with your friends! They serve waffles with fresh ingredients and toppings which they make in-house. Both shops have a wonderful atmosphere for you to relax, hang out, and of course drink coffee and enjoy a top notch waffle. They are killing the waffle game, trust me and give their S'more waffle a try!

7. Cecils-

Cecils Deli is located on South Cleveland Avenue in St. Paul. This deli has been around for 50+ years and if you are in the neighborhood and love a good deli, this is the one. Not only is the food great, but so is the service. Their sandwitches are definitely the most popular which are served with a delicious coselaw. I higly reccomend their sandwitch called, "The Fresser," It's pretty big, but then you can save some for a late night snack! Cecils is a "must stop" if you are on a tour of Twin Cities dining.

8. Cossetta-

Cossetta is located in the heart of St. Paul. It feels like Cossetta is always busy, especially before a concert or Wild game at Xcel Energy Center! It is known for it's award-winning pizza, homemade sauces, handmade Italian sausages and welcoming staff. It has been around for over 100 years and eating there gives you an "Italy experience." Of course their pizza is amazing, but their Mostaccioli Con Ricotta is also to die for.

9. Mickey's Diner-

Mickey's Diner is located in the heart of St. Paul and has been operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for over 70 years. It has remained family owned and operated for three generations. In 1983, the diner was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and was one of the first diners to be. It is all about the experience at Mickey's. It is a place that everyone should check out at least once. If you are a hockey fan, the diner was featured in "The Mighty Ducks," which is pretty dang awesome.

10. Cafe Latte-

Cafe Latte is located on Grand Avenue in St. Paul. They describe themselves as a, "cafeteria-style dining experience with gourmet-quality food. Cafe Latte is so much more than just a cafe, and their turtle cake is so good that you will become addicted, trust me.

11. Urban Bean Coffee-

Urban Bean Coffee has two Minneapolis locations. One is located on Lyndale and the other on Lake Street, Both locations are open until 10pm which is great for those late night study sessions! They even serve their coffee with an animal cracker which I just thought was the cutest idea ever. Whether you're catching up with an old friend, cramming in homework, or just in need of a great coffee, check out the Urban Bean.

12. The Buttered Tin-

The Buttered Tin is located in Lowertown, St. Paul. It has many of the delicious American breakfast classics. Their food is made from local and fresh ingredients. This cafe is perfect for brunch with your friends, and breakfast meetings. It has cute yellow booths and a sidewalk patio where you can chill out! I recommend trying their breakfast tacos, so good!

14. The Bad Waitress-

The Bad Waitress is a "hip diner." It has two Minneapolis locations, One on Nicollet and the other in Northeast. They serve breakfast all day, have great burgers and milkshakes and use locally sourced and organic ingredients. Overall, it has great food and a fun atmosphere.

15. The Copper Hen-

The Copper Hen is located on Nicollet Avenue in South Minneapolis. The Copper Hen is a farmhouse-chic restaurant & cake bakery offering market-to-table cooking, plus beer, wine & coffee. They make everything from scratch and source as many ingredients as possible from local farms and businesses. It has wonderful service, and the nicest environment. I highly recommend going here for brunch with friends!