High School is nothing like the stereotypes make it out to be. For some, its's better, others worse. Regardless of your experience, if you went to all-girls Catholic high school, this list is definitely something we can all relate to:
1. Your morning routine went something like this: roll out of bed, brush teeth, put on uniform, leave
Because you're a natural beauty
2. No shave November (or no shave school year)
“Feel my leg hair!”
3. Going days without brushing your hair
And accidentally forming a dreadlock…or two
4. Never having to choose an outfit because you had a uniform
A luxury you probably took for granted
5. Doc Martens <3
Or Eastlands, Saddle Oxfords, Loafers, etc.
6. Ugly sock tans
Don't forget kankles!
7. Seeing someone with a tampon in her pocket and not thinking twice about it
Because realistically, there is nothing weird about a girl on her period
8. Being asked, "So, how do you meet guys?"
Then replying with a sarcastic response because it was school, not a remote island
9. If a boy did happen to make an on-campus appearance it became a small ordeal
For about five minutes because no one actually cared
10. Trying to text in class as discretely as possible, failing, and ending up in detention
"I was just checking the time!"
11. Same with chewing gum
"I was chewing on my cheek!"... which was probably the worst lie ever
12. Baking your friends food for their birthdays
And then attracting a large crowd
13. Perfecting the messy bun because you had no one to impress
Wouldn't be necessary regardless (see #1)
14. Spending hours upon hours searching for a dress that met dance dress codes, but also did not resemble a pillow case
Remember your first tea-length dress? Gross.
15. Prayers before every class
I still say some of them tbh
16. In-class parties (...more baked goods)
Because carbs don't count while you're in class
17. Wondering who was going to pass out during liturgy
You'd think the AC would have been turned down considering the whole school was in one room
18. Avoiding the lunch time stampede
Taco Tuesday was usually the worst...
19. Feeling bad for the male teachers since most girls were PMS-ing at the same time
20. Going out of town, telling someone you went to an all-girls Catholic high school, and being labeled a snob (LOL)
21. Even if you graduated years ago, you still remember your Alma Mater
And it probably gets stuck in your head all the freaking time
22. Going to class in college in whatever you slept in, looking around, and laughing at the girls who actually tried that morning because the most important lesson you learned in high school was that you are a strong, independent woman who don’t need to impress anyone
Again, please refer to #1
23. Not willing to trade the experience for the world
But college is way better