Why Your Twenties Are The Most Important Time In Your Life

It's a time to forge your future, not to have it all together.

76
Popsugar

When we are younger, we want nothing more than to grow up. We are constantly trying to check the next milestone off of our list, whether it be getting our driver's license, turning 21, graduating college etc. It's one of those things where we are never fully satisfied and are constantly grasping for things that are slightly out of our reach. While we are young, we want to be older and I've heard it said many times that when you are older, you are constantly thinking back on your youth. When we are little, we have no worries, but with age life becomes an assortment of stresses and responsibilities. This is why our twenties are such a valuable time in our lives.

Your twenties are your time to make mistakes. No one is counting on you to be perfect or to have it all together. You twenties are your time to figure out who you want to be. The years right after college are a huge period of transition. You've made it through four or more years of struggling to decide what you want to do with your life. Now, it's time to put it to the test.

Your twenties is your time to take risks. At this age, you are just starting to take on a load of responsibilities, but not so much that you don't have the freedom to do the things that you want to do. The majority of people don't have families of their own in their twenties. In fact, a lot of people don't have stable jobs at that point in their lives. Take this decade of your life to travel the world and be spontaneous - it's pretty much the only time in your life when you won't be tied down with other responsibilities.

Your twenties are your time to fall in love and get your heart broken. During this decade of your life, you are going to meet a lot of new people. Some of them will affect you in a great way while others might leave a scar. Allow yourself to be vulnerable and to take chances, even if it means getting hurt. Your twenties are a time for growth and an opportunity to learn from each and every one of your relationships.

Finally, your twenties aren't going to be perfect. You are going to experience just as many ups and downs as anybody else because you are still learning, still growing and still changing. Don't worry when things don't go your way or when you feel like you are falling apart- this is all part of the process of growing up and coming into your own.

All in all, your twenties are a wonderful decade of adventure and growth. It's a time in your life that you will never get back, so take full advantage of it - the good and the bad. It can be the best time of your life, so be sure to live your twenties to their fullest!